Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) creates lightweight, intelligent mobility solutions for people and goods that will create a new mobility ecology. We are currently hiring for a driven and experienced Quality Manager who will play an integral part in bringing these products through production.
Reporting to the COO, the new Quality Manager will assist the COO and Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain in the development and formulation of short- and long-range quality systems planning, policies, and procedures, as well as managing the day to day operations of incoming, inline, and outgoing quality control.
- Develop the Quality plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to the industry best practices as well as established company and industry quality standards.
- Formulate and recommend Quality policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability.
- Implement and maintain a Quality Management System by collecting and processing quality data, vendor data, field data, and manufacturing yields.
- Represent Quality Engineering on new product development teams and smoothly transition new designs into production.
- Develop, direct, and manage a team to accomplish the goals of the Quality plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policies. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with the Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity, reduce cost and scrap, and monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production Quality standards.
- Direct and coordinate various Quality programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiate and coordinate the Quality aspect of major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Participate in design control policy, procedures, and execution, as well as participate in design reviews to ensure requirements are identified, documented and met.
- Develop, prepare and implement Quality program plans for new and existing products.
- Understand and monitor National and International Standards requiring design conformance.
- Lead implementation of a corporate quality standard and process for all aspects of PFF.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- B.S. in Engineering is required (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred, will consider Manufacturing Engineering) or equivalent required; MBA is a plus.
- Lean experience required; Lean certification and/or Six Sigma experience a plus.
- 5-10 years of progressive Quality operations leadership with at least 3 years in a Lead or Manager level role.
- Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing operations with significant exposure to complex electronic assemblies and consumer products.
- Strong collaboration and execution skills.
- The successful candidate will need to travel to vendor sites on occasion to conduct audits, and to parent company HQ to supervise product testing.
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.