Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology brings balance and peace, while simultaneously delivering a challenging workout that burns up to 400 calories per 20 minute session.At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you. JOB OVERVIEW As a part of the Quality and Production team, you will be an integral part of Hydrow’s successful launch by ensuring that our quality, service and support processes exceed customer expectations. You will become well versed in the inner working of Hydrow and will lead troubleshooting efforts as issues arise. You will lead the field service process with external partners. You will work with a cross-functional team to root cause issues, develop sustainable solutions and implement timely fixes. IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Developing and maintaining troubleshooting and repair instructions for the field service network.
- Training the Customer Support team and third-party partners on troubleshooting and repair procedures.
- Leading a cross-functional team in identifying the root cause of complex issues then developing and implementing robust corrective actions.
- Maintaining the spare parts network.
- Being the primary technical resource for the Customer Support team as they troubleshoot customer issues.
- Identifying, monitoring and reporting on metrics to track field performance.
- Traveling periodically to domestic partners and manufacturing locations in Asia as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 3-5 years experience in electro-mechanical systems with software components in a quality or product development capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems.
- Desire to build out robust and sustainable processes at a rapidly growing startup.
- Hands-on, internally driven, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment.
- Willingness to jump in and help out where needed, even in areas that are outside the job description.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, documentation, and process skills.
- Strong organizational, project management, and multitasking skills