Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
About the Team
The Engineering teams mission is to architect and develop innovative mobile and web applications by applying computer science, mathematics, engineering and other disciplines, and collaborating with other business units and external stakeholders. The team plays a vital role in leading collaboration across the company by putting together a tech stack to support platform strategy, which in turn supports various revenue models. They do all this while adopting agile practices and experimenting with emerging technologies for the organization to innovate, as well as remaining compliant and secure and enforcing internal policies which are aligned to organizational strategy and vision.
About the Role
The QA Engineer will develop and launch initiatives that expand our platform and position the company as a leading online resource for our next phase of growth. The person in this role will play a critical role on the Engineering team, creating and implementing QA strategies as well as developing solutions to identified quality problems.
What You'll Do
- Test new Framework platform and software products, and identify deficiencies
- Develop solutions to identified product problems
- Plan, create, and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Provide regular status updates to all assigned sprint tasks in daily stand-up meetings
- Collaborate and work closely with the product team and scrum master to complete tasks assigned during the sprint planning
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve production system issues and defects
- Automate tests with CI/CD pipelines
- Prepare and present reports with key metrics to Management
- Develop escalation procedures and policies for different types of issues
- Understand Frameworks business, customers, and products
What Youll Bring
- 5 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience working with a variety of different testing techniques such as Mobile App / UI / API Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- Experience with coding using JAVA, Groovy scripts, HTML5, XML
- Experience with web security technology
- Experience with software QA tools and processes
- Understanding of Agile development methodology (Scrum)
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the companys success
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and nimble environment; bonus, this excites you
- Our vision inspires you!
Specific Knowledge Areas
This job is in a professional office environment. Routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets is required. Occasional travel is required, including overnight travel for up to four days at a time.
This position requires the employee to work in an office environment. It requires the ability to speak and hear in person, over the phone, and in settings where there are groups of people. It requires the ability to travel to a variety of meeting locations including via airplane.
About the Company
Framework is a startup social enterprise built on a simple idea: every homebuyer should have access to unbiased information about the mortgage process and feel knowledgeable about the responsibilities of owning a home, throughout their homeownership journey. We are proudly pro-homeownership and believe its a uniquely accessible and powerful way for people to plant and grow seeds of generational wealth. We make it easier for people to do this by providing the tools we believe will lead people into homes that improve their quality of life, giving them the space to grow into their future, and gain value over time. Were dedicated to helping our customers make decisions with confidence, build wealth in their homes, and protect their investment for generations to come.
As we leverage the power of technology to strengthen communities one homeowner at a time, the individual contributions of our tight-knit team play a vital, daily role in shaping our products and services. Creative thinking, collaboration, and problem solving are at the core of the Framework culture, and were seeking team members with drive and creativity to add to the mix.
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet Frameworks changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.