Quality Assurance Engineer (PEO Industry)
You will supplement the “traditional software testing” expertise on PrismHR's Quality Assurance Team with deep subject matter skills within the PEO (Professional Employer Organization) industry; and experience with its supporting payroll, benefits and/or human resources management software solutions.
*PEO industry, payroll and benefits software experience is an absolute must for this role.
*Depending on your prior experience, opportunities exist at entry, mid, senior, and lead levels.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply deep PEO / HR domain / payroll / benefits experience in developing, documenting and executing detailed and comprehensive test scenarios for PrismHR products, anticipating how “real world” users interact with our software from a variety of roles (i.e., administrator, end user, etc.)
- Learn software industry standard quality assurance practices, including but not limited to test case design, software defect reporting, and agile testing techniques, as well as common software QA tools
- Enhance the collective industry understanding of the entire QA team and their ability to create realistic test scenarios, through occasional training and mentoring of peers on PEO subject matter
- Contribute to creation of realistic test data
For those candidates being considered for more senior roles within the team:
- Delivers and tracks progress to testing schedules, within aggressive “time-to-market” driven project environments, sometimes across parallel projects
- Collaborates within SQA team and across product development on process improvement initiatives
- Regularly summarizes testing status and areas of risk, and wherever possible proposes and executes upon mitigation strategies. Employs a sound risk management approach to determine an optimum, well-structured and comprehensive test strategy for assigned projects
- Interfaces with automation engineers to identify and prioritize areas for significant efficiency and confidence gains through test automation
- Analyzes, tracks, and reports on application issues and maintains documentation on project issues and defect metrics
REQUIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of deep experience within the PEO industry, coupled with significant hands-on experience with software applications commonly used within the PEO industry, including but not limited to payroll and benefits management
- Possesses a strong desire to learn current software development best practices, and in particular, the software testing discipline, in applying deep domain experience
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Very comfortable at documenting and conveying standard operating procedures
- Possesses solid organizational and time management skills
- Experience mentoring and training (formally or informally)
- PC and/or Mac savvy, from an end user perspective. Highly comfortable using browser based software applications and office application suites.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Prior software coding, testing or technical support experience
- Prior experience with user acceptance testing, or participation in a software beta program
- Project leadership or management experience
*This opportunity exists for those seeking a Remote role. For Candidates not local to PrismHR’s headquarters in Hopkinton, MA, a willingness to travel here periodically (approximately every 6 to 8 weeks) is necessary.
PrismHR is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Diversity Candidates are encouraged to apply