Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
Threat Stack enables DevOps and SecOps teams to innovate and scale security by providing full-stack security observability from the control plane up to the application layer. Purpose-built for todays infrastructure, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform and Cloud SecOps Program combine cloud-optimized intrusion defense, continuous security monitoring, and proactive risk assessment to help security and operations teams detect security incidents, achieve compliance, and secure infrastructure in transition.
We are defining the way Cloud Security is done. We are the only cloud-native continuous monitoring solution that gives users instant visibility into their environment, protecting them in real time from insider threats, external attacks, and data loss. Optimized for cloud deployment, our solution allows growth-driven companies to scale confidently without sacrificing speed or efficiency.
We are expanding our Quality Assurance team and are looking for a talented individual to grow into a proficient engineer, focused on building quality into our testing, organization and our products.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for defining the best way to test components of the Threat Stack system. We are looking for those with the "can-do" attitude and a thirst to learn more.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute test plans
- Assist in the test definition, execution of tests and reporting of quality
- Expand on our manual and automated test cases
- Report testing status to team members
- Investigate product, script and environment issues, escalating when necessary
- Investigate new technologies relevant to testing the product
- Strive to improve our software on a daily basis
What we're looking for
- Knowledge of QA Methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience executing existing automated test plans scenarios and scripts
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills
- Prior collaboration with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Engineers to break features into testable stories and test cases
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, understand basic scrum practices
- Intense focus on breaking software in order to get quality software out to customers
What will make you stand out
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, analyze, and debug test failures to ensure actionable reporting
- Familiarity with at least one programming language in a software automation context (especially Ruby and Scala)
- Familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks such as Gauge, Cucumber, ScalaTest and JUnit
- Hands on experience with tools such as - Postman, Selenium, Chrome Dev Tools, Git
- Knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud and/or Azure
- Familiar with the following types of testing
- Shell Command Line