ABOUT THE COMPANY
A bit about us: while most companies only want you to buy what theyre selling, the Grommet is focused on helping people discover things worth buying. Through our e-commerce shop and wholesale business, we shine a light on great new products from small businesses and help them compete with the big guys, so the best ideas win. Over the past decade, we have discovered and launched thousands of unique and innovative products, including several household brands like FitBit, IdeaPaint, OtterBox, and SodaStream.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer with a robust background testing high-traffic, consumer-facing web-based applications. Working closely with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams, you will recommend, develop, and implement comprehensive, forward-thinking testing initiatives and strategies to help us build scalable, reliable software.
We are in the midst of developing the next iteration of our platform from the ground up using highly customized instances of Magento and Laravel. We have an exciting road map that includes such projects as implementing an intuitive and responsive UI/UX shopping experience, developing new REST endpoints, creating new billing, shipping, and EDI integrations, integrating with marketing services, developing faceted search and suggestion systems, minimizing latency to improve user experience, and meeting data-warehousing and reporting needs - all of this running in a fast, secure, and monitored cloud environment. Quality assurance or testing experience in any of these areas is desirable.
- Design and develop clear, meticulous, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Test features for functionality, quality, and browser compatibility
- Develop automation tests to reduce manual test coverage
- Detect, document, and track bugs
- Work with engineers and stakeholders to ensure functionality and accuracy of features throughout the development lifecycle
- Champion quality standards onsite across the company
- 2+ years of quality assurance and software testing experience
- Knowledge of industry-standard software testing methodologies and processes
- Strong background in automated testing and a strong understanding of frontend test automation frameworks and tools (Selenium WebDriver, etc)
- Experience testing RESTful APIs and troubleshooting communication between the frontend and backend APIs (e.g., Postman)
- Working knowledge of PHP or another object-oriented programming language; ability to read code and understand complex systems
- Familiarity with SQL and database fundamentals
- Firm grasp of Jira, Git, and Github; working knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools
- Experience with standards for PCI, CCPA, ADA/WCAG, & MA 201 CMR 17, while not required, is beneficial
We are looking for someone to work in our office in Somerville, MA.
Work Environment: Were a fun, growing e-commerce company, located a five-minute walk from the Davis Square Red Line stop on the border of Somerville and Cambridge. Our office has a beautifully crafted modern-rustic vibe with a casual dress code. We have a stocked kitchen, free coffee and snacks, bagel Mondays and other treats. We do several company events around the year, and lots of us like to have fun around the office.
Discounts: We offer discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. We even get free samples of many products. Its perfect for gift giving.
Culture of Mentorship and Learning: Youll get exposure to Bostons startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to attend meetups.
Relocation Assistance: We offer up to $5,000 in relocation assistance to make it easier for you to move to the Boston area and become part of the Grommet family.
Compensation: Competitive salary, great benefits, a yearly bonus incentive plan based on both individual and company performance, and a great work-life balance are all part of the deal.
Your cover letter is your chance to stand out and help us get to know you. We value the human touch and the things a resume doesnt capture well. In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself by answering these questions, but dont feel the need to limit yourself:
How did you hear about us?
Why you are good fit for this position?
What is your ideal career path over the next few years?
More Jobs From