Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we are committed to honoring your privacy choices and protecting your information. One of our main goals for this decade is to build much stronger privacy protections for everyone across the Facebook family of apps. Research plays a critical role and we want you to join us in this effort. We are looking for an experienced individual contributor who will help elevate the practice of research with creative and rigorous qualitative research. Our research spans the entire product innovation lifecycle, from foundational, to tactical and evaluative research.A successful candidate will be an effective communicator, passionate about understanding users and their needs including internal stakeholders, curious about the relationship between privacy, data and technology, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, and a great collaborator within and beyond the team and with cross-functional partners.The ideal candidate will have a track record of research on employee-facing products and processes. They will fluently apply their expertise in qualitative methods to shape our internal privacy systems and experiences that underlie company-wide privacy decisions. Our research approaches include concept and usability testing, in-depth interviews, diary studies, contextual inquiry/observations, and ethnography. Experience with quantitative methods including surveys is a plus. We routinely integrate diverse sources of data, synthesize and triangulate insights to influence product strategy.The Privacy Research team is part of the Privacy Organization where we work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Data Science and the other user experience functions (Product Design, Content Design). This role will play a critical part in advancing privacy systems and practices at Facebook.
- Combine strategic visioning and analytical activity, moving between macro trends and micro trends in Facebooks internal privacy systems and experiences, and developing empirically substantiated point of views
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (Product Management, Product Design, Engineering, Legal) and other researchers to identify and prioritize research questions
- Plan and execute rigorous end-to-end custom primary research using the right methodology (qualitative methods), and distil data-informed recommendations through the lens of business impact and user experience
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to a broad and diverse audience including executive stakeholders, and across organisational boundaries
- Deliver actionable research insights that make our product experiences measurably better
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to privacy and internal experiences insights
- Act as a thought leader in research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Advance Facebooks culture of accountability in privacy through internal product systems and experiences
- Advance the community of researchers at Facebook