We are looking for a passionate and engaged research specialist who will support the implementation of Hults Research strategy through collaboration with faculty and students globally.
Based at a Hult campus in the UK, USA or Dubai, but working globally across the school supporting international faculty and students of all backgrounds, this role requires someone who can apply their qualitative research knowledge and experience, and strengthen the Schools research profile, by supporting faculty and students in their research activities and publications. The primary focus of the role is to provide research advice, support, and expertise to faculty and students with less research experience.
The role requires someone who understands the importance of relevant, impactful, and pioneering research, and who is motivated to engage and support our global community with research that aligns with our mission to be the most relevant business school in the world.
About the person
You are truly passionate about research that is relevant, impactful and pioneering for business and management, and you are willing to share your research expertise with faculty and students You will have completed or be near to completing a PhD, have experience working in a diverse research environment and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across several projects. You will have the skills to manage multiple projects and relationships to ensure the timely execution, completion, and publication of research.
- Managing a portfolio of research projects aligned to Hults research challenges in Transforming Behavior, Creating Disruption and/or Innovating Pedagogy;
- Supporting faculty with empirical research using a range of qualitative methodologies, including interviews, focus groups, and participant observation;
- Supervising students on the Hult DBA;
- Publishing research outputs in a format and style appropriate to a variety of audiences (e.g., practitioner reports and articles, writing for the web and social media, teaching materials, academic and practitioner conference papers, peer-reviewed journal articles);
- Carrying out project management and administrative duties related to running research projects, e.g., liaising with external clients/funders, recruiting and managing research participants, managing research databases such as Dedoose, Otter.ai, working with approved external suppliers;
- Identifying novel research questions in fields relevant to Hults research strategy using a variety of techniques, including literature searches and data-mining;
- Using your research expertise to help faculty develop new research proposals and design and scope research projects;
- Supporting the provision of research training for faculty and students where appropriate;
- Supporting faculty in presenting research findings at corporate events and practitioner and academic conferences;
- Building relationships with colleagues across Hult in order to maintain an awareness of their research activities, and to understand the needs of the business in relation to research;
- Working closely with faculty to develop research-based activities for delivery in the classroom (program design, session content);
- Be an advocate of research across Hult with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Take on activities to support the running of Hult Research, Hult DBA, and Central Academic Team as requested. This may include, for example, the management of central systems, representing the research service team at meetings and events; and contributing to accreditation processes and reviews;
- Tutoring DBA students on research methods, data analysis, and academic writing.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD complete or near complete in a relevant subject area;
- Masters degree in a subject with a significant research component in qualitative research methods;
- Experience working in an academic- or practitioner-focused research environment;
- Good knowledge and experience in the design and execution of a range of qualitative research techniques;
- Able to write to a high academic standard and support others to do so; a record of published work;
- A proven track record of managing multiple research projects; able to plan and execute projects with teams and independently;
- Comfort in reviewing research and data and able to distill information into clear and simple findings and recommendations;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent oral communication, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence cross-functionally through research and relationship building;
- Self-sufficiency and motivation; passionate about relevant, impactful and pioneering research in the fields of business and management.
Hult is a new kind of non-profit business school that constantly innovates to meet the needs of students, employers, and society in a world that is changing faster than ever before. More than a business school, Hult is a dynamic and multicultural community that educates, inspires, and connects some of the most forward-thinking business talent from around the world.
What we do
Hult International Business School is a non-profit educational pioneer and the first triple accredited US business school. Ranked by the Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek, Hult offers undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs across its global campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York. The schools philosophy is that business skills can only truly be learned by doing. By immersing students from all over the world in practical, hands-on experiences from day one, this fresh approach to education is creating a global community of confident, entrepreneurially minded graduates, ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.
Solving problems and overcoming challenges is what our students do: all year, every year. We bring together creative, open-minded people from all over the world to find solutions to the worlds most pressing issues by doing business, not just studying it. So they graduate with the skills and the mindset to be ready for anything.
And now were looking for talented workforce that think the same way.
We seek to promote an environment for our students, faculty, and staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging. At Hult, we believe that its through our diversity that we find our strength.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Equal opportunities at Hult
Hult is dedicated to actively creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing opportunity regardless of gender, religion, race, color, sexual identity, disability, ethnicity, age, and all the individual identities that make us unique. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your inquiry.
Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, empathetic, and highly multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, wed love to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.