Born out of Boston Children’s Hospital, Mightier is a biofeedback game platform that teaches kids emotion calming skills through play. Kids wear a Mighty Band heart rate monitor while playing a library of biofeedback games and must regulate their heart rate to win. The games empower kids to practice self-calming skills that transfer to real-life situations. Additionally, the Mightier program supports parents with expert coaching. Three clinical trials with children with ADHD (ages 6-14) showed reduced oppositional behaviors, aggression, and family stress in just 12 weeks. We launched our first product in July 2017, reached over 3,000 families, and raised $9M from top venture capital and angel investors. Our mission is to empower millions of kids to become Mightier than their emotions.
As Mightier is growing, we’re looking to expand our internal QA team, which focuses on verification of documented features for releases on both our mobile application, and our website. This position will be an onsite contract QA position, with opportunity for full time employment after a 2 month evaluation period. This role will work on QA across our entire product, which includes our mobile game app and database, and our parent hub website. The primary focus of the role will be testing our Mobile Game App and associated database.
Candidates should be technically savvy, and possess an interest in trying to ‘break’ our current software. You will be mentored by our QA Manager and team members, and work closely with our Software development team to write, maintain, and improve the test plans for all aspects of our Software.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Verification of new and existing features on our products, using documented Test Cases
- Improving and maintaining test plan documentation through Test Case Management Software
- Ongoing bug testing and reporting in our Jira environment
- Verification of “claimed” bug fixes
- Research and implementation of tools to improve the Mobile App testing process
- Support the quality of both the product, and the development process
- Occasionally helping with technical support tickets
- At least 1+ year(s) of professional experience, or relevant internships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be comfortable testing and evaluating new tools and technologies
- Ability to write and execute test plans and perform data quality review
- Some experience with Bitbucket / GitHub or similar version control system
- Be a confident problem solver
Additional things that excite us:
- Experience with Jira o Experience in SQL
- Experience with TestRail or similar Test Case Management Software
- Experience with Selenium or other automation testing tools
- Programming experience or coursework
Working with us:
We are still a small team at Mightier and many of us come from incredibly varied career backgrounds. You will be working and communicating with people like psychologists and parents to push Mightier forward. We all believe in the platform; we care about our players and those who work on the platform, and we cultivate a free and open work environment where everyone’s voice is heard.