Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The QA Performance Manager will play a hands-on critical role in guiding a cross-functional team of developers and QA engineers dedicated to analyzing and optimizing the performance of our application ecosystem. In this role, you will function as the team manager responsible for driving the efforts of the team forward, communicating key development and testing milestones to the boarder team, interfacing with the engineering managers to coordinate performance related work, and interfacing with our Hosting group to understand system performance in production. Specifically the QA Performance Manager will:
- Manage the daily workload of the cross-functional performance team
- Perform sprint planning following an Agile Scrum methodology and lead daily performance team standup meeting
- Develop Performance Benchmarking & Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Scripts
- Identify and prepare test environment and test data for performance testing
- Identify, report, and manage defects in defect tracking system and coordinate with engineering for bug fixes
- Provide test summary reports to stakeholders for review.
- Coordinate the communication of key performance indicators throughout the product development lifecycle
- Coordinate ongoing training and evangelization efforts by the performance team members for the full development and QA organizations
- Recommend improvements to existing test procedures including new tools and techniques to improve testing efficiency.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to do presentations and walkthroughs with Systems and Business personnel
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously,
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Manage performance team member's job performance bi-weekly 1:1 meetings, annual performance reviews, career and skills growth plans
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent with 8-10 years of experience in Performance Engineering
- 3-5 Years of Engineering Management Experience.
- In-depth understanding of Application/Web Servers and their performance (e.g. Apache, Tomcat)
- Working knowledge of public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Exposure to Microservices architecture is a must
- Experience in performance testing tools for web / microservices / REST API's
- Deep understanding of Java and its internals e.g. Threads, exceptions, JVM performance tuning, GC mechanisms, thread and heap dumps
- Ability to identify high level DB bottlenecks e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Expert level understanding of the key performance metrics associated with throughput, latency, memory, CPU, disk & network, and the ability to debug bottlenecks associated with any of them
- Experience with JMeter and other performance testing tools
- Hands on experience utilizing one of the following monitoring tools: AppDynamics, Cloudwatch or similar tools
- Experience with CI / CD tools, process, and methodologies
- Familiar with containerization and container orchestrated tools
- Healthcare Industry experience is a plus
Should you join Amwell and the Testing Operations team, you can expect:
The operations organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether youre an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Caf lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.
More Jobs From