About The Job
Were thrilled to announce that were hiring to grow our team and our products! 3Play Media offers a truly unique opportunity to work in a small team of developers in a company that offers both a startup-minded size and culture while being robustly backed by a steady stream of customers and projects. Every day, our system processes hundreds of hours of video content, helping us to improve and expand the way people consume online media to make more of the webs video content accessible. Were also very excited to have a few brand-new products in our pipeline!
We are looking for an experienced QA engineer to help us build our application. Youll be the first QA engineer on the team and as such will be responsible for building the QA process and testing new features and bug fixes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a process to test code within a 2 week sprint cycle for the customer-facing team
- Select and set up tools for managing test plans
- Write and maintain a set of test plans for the application
- Update the regression test across the full application, with assistance from domain experts
- Test code, and generate good replication steps for bugs that have been identified
- Provide assistance in prioritizing bugs
- 3-5 years experience in a QA role.
- Enough experience to have seen different approaches to QA, so that you can guide our team in setting up a process that will work for us
- Knowledge of the tools used in QA processes
- Test automation experience is not required as maintenance of our automation suite (CircleCI + rspec) is handled by the development team
Nice to Haves
- Able to handle complex systems
- Able to prioritize and advocate gently without becoming frustrated
- Handling vague requirements and intuit the correct behavior
- Can set things up from scratch
- Can fit into existing processes
- Can manage the inherent tension between QA and development in a positive manner.
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable technology company with a startup culture making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 5,000 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2008 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard working, laid back, and fun. There are no politics or wasteful meetings and projects get done quickly and efficiently. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light located in the North End. The work we do is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our companys success.
3Play Media is located in Boston, MA North Washington St on the Green & Orange line and near North Station. We are in the heart of Bostons thriving North End District. We are located near some of the best restaurants and surrounded by Bostons buzzing tech scene.
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K matching program
- Paid vacation, birthday, volunteer days, and sick leave
- Disability and life insurance
- Charitable contribution matching program
- Transportation subsidy
- Company sponsored social events
- Snacks and beverages provided