Quality Assurance Analyst
About the Team:
Were looking to grow our Quality Assurance team as the Company expands its development efforts and product offerings.
We help build a best practice, QA competency within the organization to ensure that all information systems, products, and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. We develop, support, and deliver testing strategies and solutions for large-scale SAAS applications by gathering and analyzing data (including the review of requirements) to write/execute test plans, track and facilitate defect resolution, and apply analytical problem solving skills by collaborating with business and technical staff in all phases of development.
About the Job:
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing on web and mobile ecommerce products. This person will work collaboratively with other QAs and business units to execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements. They will be responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the requirements are implemented as expected.
- Define, develop, implement, and execute test plans against requirements.
- Perform QA testing of web and mobile products, including acceptance, functional, integration, regression, load, performance, and post-implementation testing.
- Interpret and provide feedback on product requirements and associated test/schedule implications.
- Provide feedback to Product Managers on product usability, functionality, and quality.
- Serve as escalation resource for support staff in analyzing software defects reported by customers.
- Develop and document clear and concise defect reports, and validate bug fixes.
- Monitor, track, and report test and coverage status and statistics.
- Other duties as defined by management.
- Broad experience in software testing, best practices, and related technologies.
- Ability to develop, execute, and maintain test plans and test cases.
- Experience creating clearly defined Bug, Enhancement, and New Feature Requests
- Experience working in a fast-paced, iterative software development environment
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Superior organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and distributed team environment.
- Resourcefulness, sense of urgency, and a positive can-do attitude.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to quickly absorb product-specific technical information in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and from various backgrounds.
- Familiarity with basic security and networking concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge of popular web browsers, mobile devices, and platforms.
- Preferred experience with or knowledge of:
- Jira / Confluence or related bug tracking software
- Xcode / Android Studio
- New Relic
- Test Automation (Selenium)
- 2 or more years of Software Quality Assurance work experience
- BS degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality and testing practices
- Strong working knowledge of different types of testing and Quality Assurance and Testing best practices.
- Proven ability to reconcile testing requirements with business requirements.