TVision is the leader in TV performance metrics. We enable the media industry - brands, networks, and data partners alike - to reduce waste and drive greater marketing results.
We use cutting edge technology to measure what was once unmeasurable - how people really watch TV. Our core technology measures 'eyes on screen' attention, the single most accurate way to measure exposure to video content. Our solution offers critical insight into brands and agencies targeting audiences. We do this by providing a mission-critical dashboard and attention currency to our customers - some of the most well-known brands and networks globally.
Our growth and innovation have been recognized by The New York Times, Advertising Age, AdWeek, MediaPost, and Forbes.
The backbone of our unique attention measurement system is the IoT device we place in every panelist's home. This device records who is in the room, what they're watching, and how they're reacting to the content, all without ever sending video or audio data out of the house. As an IoT engineer, you'll be a vital member of the team that builds this device and ship your software to our panel of thousands of households and other out-of-home locations. Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping us realize research-level computer vision algorithms as efficient, field-reliable code.
- Finding new ways to take accurate measurements of consumer behavior in the wild.
- Designing and building out our monitoring solution to help our panel operations team keep our panelists online and reporting data.
- Helping build the rest of TVision's operational and data processing suite.
You are fluent in Python, and comfortable with the nuts and bolts of systems programming in the Linux environment. You've handled multi-threaded programs before and know how to keep their complexity under control. You have at least some experience with C++, because sometimes there's no other way to get the performance you need. And you know that anything, anywhere, can fail, and how to design a system that can cope with failure without waking you up at 3:00 AM. Other qualifications will include:
- 5+ years experience with a desire to lead a team in the future.
- BS or MS in computer science, or a closely related field.
- Experience writing high performance, memory efficient, and multi-threaded code. If you're familiar with some tools for designing concurrent systems at a higher level, even better.
- Experience building correct and robust systems programs on Linux.
- Familiarity with one or more functional languages, like Scala or Haskell, is helpful; we write our code in a functional style until there's a concrete reason not to, and our back-end services are written in Haskell.
- Experience with or knowledge of computer vision is desirable, but not a prerequisite. If you don't have it, you'll learn the basics as you work with us.
- Proven success working in cross-functional teams. You'll work regularly with our back-end developers, our computer vision scientists, and the panel operations team who keep our households online.
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic about agile development and scrum methodologies.
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility.
TVision prides itself in providing great benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Your choice of comprehensive health benefits for you and your family (health, dental, vision)
- Short and long-term disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- FSA/HSA accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan options
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- Gym membership discounts
- Financial support for ongoing professional development
- Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
- Monthly catered lunches
- Drinks and snacks stocked weekly
- Office locations in the heart of Boston (Faneuil Hall) and New York (Grand Central Terminal)