The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are looking for a great Python developer who possesses a strong understanding of how best to solve & test complex, mission critical challenges. The team writes software which ensures our customers data is securely backed up for when disasters strike, so needs to be well designed & rigorously tested such that we have confidence in it working in multiple scenarios/environments.
Ideal candidates will take pride in delivering idiomatic, well documented, thoroughly tested applications that just work.
- Work in our Backup/Disaster Recovery team, building tools that allow our customers to sleep soundly at night.
- Be part of a team that owns all phases of the product development life cycle, from conception to delivery to customers, including support/operation if required.
- Build quality and security directly into the product, by taking advantage of automated testing and CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with engineering teams across the world, mentor, share information with and learn from other engineers and help drive continuous improvement of our platform, without losing focus on the flow that generates customers value.
- Bring an inquisitive, innovative & collegiate attitude to problem solving.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer using Python
- Written idiomatic, non-trivial Python applications, deployed to solve real word problems
- Built applications using Postgres, or have been involved in the management of Postgres in production environments
- Built tests for complex systems, using both unit tests and end to end tests
- Experienced in CI/CD development process
- Understanding of the Postgres ecosystem, popular Open Source projects etc.
- Experience in a TDD environment, and the experience to know when testing is sufficient
- Have worked in a you build it you run it environment, familiarity with DevOps/SRE
- Used Chaos engineering or similar to understand edge cases
- Involvement in OSS communities (not just Postgres, though thats a double plus!)
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.