Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
The Manager, Purchasing is primarily responsible for managing purchasing activities for several of Thrasios brands and owning the suppliers and manufacturers day-to-day relationships and performance management.
This position is a key contributor to several critical business processes and requires cross-functional internal collaboration as well as capability to build external strategic partnerships to meet current and future organization needs.
- Manage end-to-end purchasing activities (Purchase Orders, Production Plans & Timelines, Manufacturers Capacity Allocation, Packaging, Payments) of consumer goods from local and global suppliers and manufacturers following supply agreements terms, in close collaboration with internal and external teams
- Build and execute effective intra/cross functional workflows and processes with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth execution of supply plans
- Manage product database (MOQs, Packaging info, weight, volume, price lists, etc.)
- Build and manage effective auditable documentation system
- Manage the ERP procure-to-pay and the supply chain visibility tools in place to ensure data reliability, visibility, and timeliness
- Nurture and manage relationships with suppliers.
- Develop and implement key SOPs within areas of responsibility.
- Develop effective and reliable reporting dashboards and communicate these with leadership.
- Manage, hire, and develop direct reports associated with purchasing workstreams.
- Build a collaborative relationship with suppliers as well as conduct regular suppliers performance
- reviews including identification of opportunities for cost savings and additional capacity building.
What You Bring to the Party
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, engineering, business administration, or a related field
- 7+ years work experience, including 3+ years in a supervisory role in procurement, supply chain, global logistics, or a related field.
- 3+ years managing remote teams
- Global experience, procuring consumer goods, dealing with large number of global suppliers (especially in Asia).
- Well-developed communication skills (including verbal and written fluency in English), with strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work with global teams and suppliers
Its great, but not necessary if you have
- APICs, CPSM certifications or equivalent.
- Masters degree in supply chain, logistics, engineering, business administration or a related role
- Experience working with NetSuite, procure-to-pay ERP module.
- Experience with Amazon Seller Central
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.