Public Relations & Communications Coordinator
Public Relations & Communications Manager
Cultural Care Au Pair
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Are you a PR professional with a couple of years of experience looking to make a move from an agency to an organization you can feel passionate about? Are you interested in expanding your marketing skills and knowledge outside of the PR world? Do you love meeting new people, hearing their stories and using your exceptional communication skills to share those stories? If so, you could be just who we are looking for!
Cultural Care Au Pair is seeking a PR & Communications Coordinator to spearhead the proactive media relations program, working closely with program participants to identify empowering stories to pitch that align with our core messaging around cultural exchange and fostering global families. The PR & Communications Coordinator will create positive brand awareness through hyper-local, regional and national storytelling while also building relationships with key reporters and developing timely, creative media campaigns for launches and events. This role will also focus on facilitating PR training and development for staff members, spokespeople and local childcare consultants to ensure consistent and positive company messaging. Additionally, the PR & Communications coordinator will assist with other communications including email campaigns and newsletters to customers, creating and editing blog content, and monitoring our social media accounts.
We want more families and young adults to understand the impact cultural exchange can make on their lives and within communities and you can help! Here are just a few of the powerful stories weve told over the past year:
- How a Denver couple raised their daughters as global citizens
- A talented au pair in Boston used her artistic talent to help Mexican earthquake victims
- Growing a global family in rural Minnesota
- Staff members preparing thousands of backpacks for displaced families from Puerto Rico
- An au pair and host mom ran the New York City Marathon together for charity
- Local childcare consultant volunteered with Cultural Care Kids First Foundation in South Africa
The ideal candidate should have:
- A bachelors degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field of study
- 1-3 years of experience in public relations
- A passion for media relations and a track record of building relationships with key reporters and securing placements
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including experience writing pitches, press releases, contributed posts, talking points, and briefing materials
- A strong ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritize with minimal supervision while working in a highly entrepreneurial, ever-evolving business environment
- Adaptability, flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness, and a sense of humor doesnt hurt!
A few of our benefits and perks:
- Market-leading health insurance options with Harvard Pilgrim
- 3 weeks paid vacation in your 1st year and 4 weeks paid vacation in your 2nd year
- 25% company match for your 401(k) contributions with Fidelity
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- Sunny open-concept office space
- Company match of your charitable contributions (up to $500 per year)
- Complimentary in-house language and fitness classes
About Cultural Care:
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host familiesproviding meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff all over the world work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences.
About EF Education First:
Cultural Care is affiliated with EF Education First. At EF, were 46,500 small. Were teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalitiesand counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.