A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
At Devoted, you'll be a part of something meaningful. With aging demographics and rising healthcare costs in the US, Medicare Advantage is an industry that needs todays best talent. Were a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission as well as opportunities to learn and grow alongside a world-class team of healthcare and tech leaders. Our team and board members have decades of experience in health care entrepreneurship, data, technology, and policy. With their support, we are building a health plan and clinical service line that will give seniors easy access to the quality care they deserve.
A bit more about this role:
Our Provider Operations team is responsible for managing Devoteds provider data and for streamlining our operations with providers across markets. We are building operational processes and data infrastructure that allows us to deliver on our mission to serve as true partners to our providers, achieve industry-leading provider satisfaction, and reduce administrative complexity for providers.
Fee-for-service rewards volume not value. Devoted, in partnership with our providers, aim to change the care delivery system through payment reform. The Provider Payments Associate will operationalize our provider risk payments. This includes supporting the configuration of our risk contract payment parameters, being responsible for quality assurance and timely, accurate monthly risk payments, and working with our product team to scale and improve our payment platform.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accountability to maintaining and improving our key risk payments metrics
- Reviewing, updating, and configuring the risk payment parameters in provider contracts
- Quality assurance of our monthly risk payment totals
- Managing the end-to-end production process of monthly provider capitations and ad-hoc provider payments
- Creating a payment integrity program to review our past months capitation amounts and to initiate payment adjustments, if necessary
- Maintaining a payment ledger for new or ad-hoc categories of payments and supporting Finance and Provider Performance teams
- Coordinating with Provider Operation team members to maintain the accuracy of provider data that has a financial impact on monthly capitation payments
- Working with our Product team to scale and improve our payment platform
- Working with our Network team to standardize payment types and parameters
Attributes to success:
- A true operator with a can-do attitude
- Detail-orientation and obsession with quality control
- Someone who loves and follows checklists Creative thinker who can imagine and implement improved processes
- Comfortable managing projects, processes, and stakeholders where you arent the content expert (e.g. finance and payments)Bias towards action and execution
- Natural relationship builder and clear communicator
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a startup, fast paced environment
- 0-3 years in operations, healthcare, consulting OR new college grad with proven ability / intern experience in the space
- Healthcare experience a plus, particularly if you have experience at a payer or working with provider data
- Experience with finance or foundational understanding of value-based payment models
- Track record of success becoming an expert with a tool or system that was unfamiliar to you
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.