Wayfairs Physical Retail team is seeking a Project Manager, reporting directly to the Chief of Staff. The Retail Project Manager is primarily responsible for planning and executing large, complex, cross-functional projects within the Retail organization. The Project Manager will also dedicate time to empower the Wayfair community to organize and execute their own roadmaps, projects, or communication plans by leveraging project management tools, processes, and best practices. The Project Manager will support the most complex initiatives, in a fast-paced environment, that have an immediate impact on critical business decisions within a rapidly growing organization.
What You'll Do
- Lead the evolution of multiple highly visible complex projects from scoping through delivery.
- Proactively anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and communicate tradeoffs across diverse groups to optimize intended project outcome.
- Establish and maintain all aspects of project documentation such that it conveys an easily consumable storyline.
- Drive effective collaboration and consensus across large project teams composed of resources with varying experience levels
- Provide clear project communication to stakeholders across all levels, departments, and skill sets.
- Leverage your previous experience to understand our current environment and challenge our normal to expose unseen opportunities.
What You'll Need
- At least 5+ years of strong project management experience, managing large cross-functional teams
- Experience as a Project Manager for 3+ years in the retail industry
- A thorough understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations.
- Self-driven motivation with a bias towards action; identifying opportunities and managing them through resolution
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with both technical and non-technical individuals and proven track record of influence at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to compartmentalize and context switch on the fly with changes that you can and cannot control.
- A well-rounded background in current technologies preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.