Office Tour Photos
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigos portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and So Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Project Manager, Microbial Product Development is to manage projects for validation & final selection of microbial products to meet product launch requirements. Responsibilities will include building and maintaining project plans, interfacing with stakeholders to drive progress & report status, & supporting senior project managers. We are looking for a high energy candidate with a passion for project management. The Project Manager will work cross functionally with Product Management, R&D, and IP teams to achieve the best outcomes for Indigo and our partners.
Develop, deploy and manage project plans to ensure success of the stage gate process for at least 5 projects.
- Obtain cross functional inputs and buy in to build and implement project plans.
- Run bi-weekly workstream owner meetings to track progress & discuss blockers
- Create and populate dashboards for quick reference to project status and functional responsibilities/dependencies.
- Provide coordination and logistics support for functional team members to ensure execution of workstreams.
- Lead cross functional project team meetings with clear agenda and objectives to maintain alignment.
- Identify and ensure mitigation of project risks according to Indigos Risk Management Plan
Support R&D Program Management Directors to develop & improve processes to enable efficient and scalable achievement of global product goals
- Become an expert in the complexities of commercialization requirements for US & International.
- Establish and execute clear communication plan to meet global team needs.
- Participate in relevant working team meetings.
- Improve upon current process MAPs to provide a clear framework for team member reference, training, and execution
Establish rapport with key stakeholders to enable effective project management leadership
- Demonstrate ability to communicate vertically and horizontally
- Demonstrate active listening skills in order to effectively translate a stakeholders needs into project deliverables
- Demonstrate the ability to influence & drive action from discussion with stage gate contributors
Demonstrate a clear understanding of Indigos product pipeline
- Shadow all processes and assays related to all stages of the microbial pipeline, including a field visit.
- Successfully lead stage gate meetings
- Work with stakeholders to identify challenges & areas for improvement to build upon current processes
Demonstrate a clear understanding of Indigo project management processes and tools
- Utilize PM tools and processes for effective project management
- Be an advocate for current and new tools & processes to efficient and effective project management to drive institutionalization across the organization
- Build & manage project plans in Microsoft Project
- Publish project plans to Project Web App with Issues and Risks tracked & identified
- Ensure all projects comply with project management framework
Understand and embody our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigos mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- A passion for project management and improving organizational capabilities
- Excellent listening and communication skills to all levels and backgrounds at appropriate detail
- High energy and commitment to a fast, paced dynamic environment
- Action-plan oriented self-starter
- Team player with ability to work cross functionally and simplify complex information from various level and departments
- High tolerance to and ability to execute under ambiguous situations
- Passion for Indigo and our core values
- 2-5 years direct project management experience in industry
- B.S. or M.S. in a science discipline
- Experience with MS Project or other similar tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and rapidly drive solutions to complex challenges
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in fast paced environments
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow. As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
More Jobs From