Office Tour Photos
Project Manager, Large Parcel Technology & Innovation
Wayfair is seeking a new Project Manager to join our Large Parcel Operations team at our Boston, MA Headquarters. Its an incredibly exciting time for Wayfair as it continues to experience significant growth. This PM will be joining a sub-team of the Carrier Management Excellence team (CME) called Innovation and Enablement (I&E). This individual will work cross-functionally with Transportation, Operations, Business Intelligence, and Product Management to drive tools/ procedures/ systems evaluation, integration, implementation and/or expansion, and support the larger efforts of the CME team. An individual who is experienced in/passionate about project management, enjoys problem-solving and strategic thinking, and performs well in a flexible and fast-paced environment would be a great candidate for this role!
At Wayfair, the CME team is responsible for overseeing the relationships with our final mile carriers in the Wayfair Delivery Network in North America. This team also manages the performance of the front-liners who are responsible for millions of customer orders we receive. In order to do so, this sub-team that youll be joining is responsible to design, develop and provide the appropriate tools/ procedures/ products/ systems to enable the team and other stakeholders to achieve Carrier Management Excellence.
What You'll Do
- Help build scalable processes/tools/products to support the CME team to manage carrier relationships, engagement, performance, risk and compliance
- Ensure the I&E team project progress and results
- Prioritizing new opportunities/projects for the I&E team based on business needs, impact, effort, and urgency, and
- Designing a scalable process for the I&E team to evaluate new opportunities, manage projects, track progress, project scope, stakeholders alignment, documentation, and meet deadlines
- Support project plan/ pilot/ testing design, execution, coordination, adoption, and modification
- Partner with technical teams (e.g. Product Managers, Business Intelligence Analysts), operational teams (e.g. Transportation, Warehouse and Field members), and business stakeholders to help design, support, test, and upgrade Wayfair proprietary processes/tools/products/systems
- Strategic partner for cross-functional groups, facilitate visibility into the CME Enablement projects, partner on new Wayfair initiatives, and strengthen internal and external relationships
- Regularly monitor product health and performance, user adoption, user feedback, and identify recurring trends and user insights with supporting documentation
- Report progress on key initiatives, elevate potential roadblocks and communicate overall status updates; Provide escalation guidance for identified issues, evaluate options, and find alternatives.
- Daily management of the project progress between the CME Enablement team and stakeholders to ensure that the team is on track to achieve their goals
- Coordinate with stakeholders (including business stakeholders, operations staff, and technical teams) to design project scope, project plan, and track progress, iterations and dynamic changes during tools and/or process design, development builds and deployment.
- Prioritize tasks to drive our product (tools/process) development and launch roadmaps, including project scope and cost impacts.
- Clearly communicate technical issues involving SQL and data management across technical teams.
- Maintain a keen awareness of balancing business needs and technical constraints, with a primary focus on quality and product delivery.
Who you are:
- 2-4 years of work experience in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment required; 2+ years of work experience in a product development/ analytics and technical environment strongly preferred
- Experience managing projects with aggressive schedules and evolving requirements
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience working with home delivery carriers, or with logistics companies is a plus
- Strong project management, time management, analytical, creative and critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analytics and data management
- Experience presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Passionate about solving complex business and analytical problems
- Possess an affinity for data and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and/or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Experience working in an operational environment to drive business/ customer outcomes (e.g. drive growth, improve productivity, streamline operations, maximize customer excellence)
- Technical experience using SQL or other languages preferred
- Technical experience using analytical tools such as Tableau, PowerBI preferred
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Project Management, Business, E-Commerce, or Logistics Management
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From