Office Tour Photos
Project Manager, Final Mile
The Final Mile Operating Model Design Team is tasked with identifying, assessing, testing, and, if proven successful, implementing new operating models within final mile that hold the potential to unlock significant business value. New operating models will be the paradigm-shifting opportunities rather than continual improvement of existing processes. These will require new forms of transportation, real estate, processes, and/or equipment, such as a hub & spoke operating model with use of parking lots rather than standard buildings for the origin points for home delivery trucks.
What You'll Do
- Partner with key stakeholders (Supply Chain Analytics, Strategic Ops Finance, Field Operations, Final Mile Transportation & Network Optimization) to assess the potential of these new operating models
- Provide updates to senior leaders and broader stakeholders on pilot performance and assessment of new operating models
- Research new technologies and operating models and perform initial analysis of potential for deployment in the Wayfair Delivery Network
- Own development and execution of pilot plans in collaboration with your manager and key stakeholders. Pilot execution/leadership will include time spent traveling on site to the location of the pilot(s)
- Analyze pilot results to assess success and viability
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Analytics to assess broader implications to the network for new operating models
What You'll Need
- Critical thinking and creativity, with a willingness to challenge the status-quo
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Stakeholder management and ability to communicate across multiple levels
- Track record of success in developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, working collaboratively and leveraging influence to drive multi-departmental projects with comfort engaging front-line operations employees and more senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, with comfort in Excel
- Problem-solving mindset with strict attention to detail
- 3+ years of experience working in an analytical or operational role in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Previous experience working in eCommerce or a similar field, ideally in home delivery
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From