EF Go Ahead Tours
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Boston office at that time.
At EF Go Ahead Tours we believe you are never too old to be a student of the world. For 30 years we have guided individuals across the globe through carefully crafted group travel. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping off their first flight. We believe that the best way to learn about the world is to experience it. Every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible do just that.
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience as a project manager. Preferably at an agency, design firm or in-house creative group.
- Have experience across multiple mediums and channels. (video is a bonus)
- Have experience working with outside vendors. (primarily print related)
- Thrive in a high-paced high-volume environment and have an incredibly high capacity.
- Are detail-oriented but dont let the details slow you, the work or the team down.
- Know how to balance the art and science of project management.
- Are a people person. You love pro-actively reaching out and connecting with people across the business.
- Have keen ability to read people and the room really well. You know how to bob and weave and are typically one or two steps ahead of everyone else. You know when to call an audible and youll positively coach the project team through it.
- Have an Ill figure it out attitude and approach.
- Are a positive pro-active problem solver.
- Can excel with autonomy, but still know when to loop your manager in.
- Get excited about tackling projects youve never done before.
- Are willing to jump in wherever and whenever the team needs.
- Put team above self.
- Look at every project, no matter its budget or scope or cool factor, as an opportunity.
- Like to understand the ROI and business objective of a given project so you can resource and allocate accordingly.
- Cant stand drama. We believe that positive collaboration makes the best work and work environment.
- Are the in-house creative group for EF Go Ahead Tours. You can check out some of our work at efgoaheadtours.com, instagram.com/goaheadtours/ and youtube.com/goaheadtours
- Sit next to and partner directly with our marketing and technology partners (well now we just zoom), so that we can keep things nimble and eliminate the bureaucracy (we strive to make great work and get it out there for people to experienceinstead of having like 47 meetings about the work before it can go live).
- Can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house.
- Are flexible, scrappy, and dedicated to building the best travel brand out there. (We are really just getting started building this thing.)
- Have big ambitions and want to collaborate with people who are hungry, curious and relentless about results.
- Are a passionate crew that focuses on making great work and having fun doing it.
- Are a touch weird...we like to think in a fun way but maybe its more like a fun way. (You be the judge.)
- At least half of our work is directly connected to our multi-channel integrated promos. The largest of which is our month-long Black Friday Sale that cuts across every part of the team and the business.
- 15%-ish centers around our content marketing efforts. Some of which can be seen here: https://www.goaheadtours.com/travel-blog as well as throughout our social channels. (tons of opportunity here!)
- Another 20% is made up of tactical blocking and tackling production work. (eg. tour updates, refreshing partnership content, updating group travel PDFs, etc).
- In addition, we also support some of our larger staff meetings and events with things like swag, presentation decks, event branding, etc. Honestly, this work is a ton of fun and gives us some interesting opportunities to push some boundaries and play with the brand a bit.
- The last bit of our work is around our awareness, earned media and brand activation efforts. At this point its a fairly small percentage of our day-to-day (maybe 5%) but it has some of the largest potential and opportunity moving forward and should only grow in 2021. This work, in particular, is what the person in this role would be a key part in concepting and creating and helping to drive forward.
The Perks (the very abbreviated list)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, 4 weeks after your first year
- $1500 per employee for professional development/continued education per year
- All expenses paid international travel (at least 1 international trip a year)
- Travel discounts
- Free in-house language classes
- Annual team outings
- Apple Education Discounts