Barclays Accelerator powered by Techstars (FinTech-focused)
Target End Date: December 13, 2019
Location: New York City, United States
**This role is a 3-month, full-time, in-office position. It is not an a remote freelance contract.**
Do you want to have an impact on future tech leaders while enhancing your resume? Do you want to learn the in’s and out’s of running one of the top startup accelerators in the world? Are you an operations expert who is looking to expand in the tech/startup ecosystem?
As a Program Operations Associate, your responsibility is the successful execution of day-to-day operations for the accelerator program. You will work with the accelerator team to ensure that all needs of the program, its startup founders, and its guests are met. Examples of responsibilities include: planning and executing on program events (both large & small scale), organizing meetings, keeping the program running on schedule, coordinating and running logistics for accelerator guest visits, communicating important program information to startup founders, holding startup founders accountable for key accelerator deliverables, taking meeting notes, setting up office space for events and workshops.
This opportunity requires a high level of execution, hyper-organization, and strong attention to detail. Experience in scheduling, people-coordination, and communication skills are required. Logistics, event planning, and administrative experience, especially within the early-stage venture-backed startup ecosystem, are preferred.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with an operations, administrative, or event planning background who is looking to make a career in the startup/tech/VC ecosystem.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Willingness to commit to the equivalent of a full time position for a three month time period, and available days, evenings, and whenever needed. Schedule is flexible, but a strong commitment is expected.
- Work directly with accelerator team to help with successfully running the accelerator.
- Event planning (retreats, Demo Day, receptions), Calendar management (workshops, office hours, team meetings), and Program Operations (making sure founders are on schedule, greeting guests, prepping event materials).
- Manage multiple projects at once, prioritize projects & allocate your time effectively, and communicate with accelerator team on project expectations & deadlines.
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations on delivery & quality.
- Engage with Techstars founders and plan activities, meetings, and events that drive them toward success.
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively.
- Scared of no task and willing to take on any project, large or small.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm. The associates set the tone for a great accelerator experience for the startup founders!
- You should be a hyper-organized and detail-oriented self-starter with experience in operations and/or events
- 2+ years in fast-paced program management, administrative, or event management position
- Experience with event planning and event logistics
- Strong skills in Google Suite (sheets, docs, calendar), especially working in spreadsheets
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- 1-2 years in corporate environment or managing corporate stakeholders
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Currently live in New York City or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program
Interested in becoming an Associate for Techstars? You will work closely with the accelerator team and early-stage startup companies to ensure that founders get the most out of the program and have all that they need to succeed in a challenging, fast-paced environment. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to tech experts, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to get to know the best entrepreneurs, tech experts, and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the three months of the program. Many also go on to build their own companies.
- Jay Kapoor - My Summer as a Techstars NYC Associate
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
- Anthony Marnell – Techstars New York: A Reflection
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
The Techstars Worldwide Network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Entrepreneurs make connections with other entrepreneurs, mentors, corporate partners, and investors who will help their company succeed. Large companies make connections with the best startups to future-proof their business. City governments connect with local entrepreneurs, corporations, and community leaders to grow and sustain a vibrant startup economy. Investors connect with Techstars to gain access to quality deal flow.
Techstars enables entrepreneurs, large companies, and city governments to access proven resources to innovate faster and accelerate their business success. Techstars proven programs include Techstars Startup Weekend, Techstars Startup Week, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerators, and more.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
More Jobs From