Office Tour Photos
WHAT YOU'LL DO
BCG Omnia is a new and exciting venture into software, data and next generation consulting. As we undergo this transformational effort, there is a need to expand our services and offerings to drive and deliver impact with our clients. A core element behind this is access to data and leveraging that data to derive meaningful insights, new business opportunities and advanced digital services. BCG Omnia will be undertaking a variety of projects, initiatives, and working teams in order to effectively roll out new business models and create new advanced analytics offerings, while maintaining baseline service levels for existing offerings.
As a part of one of BCG rapidly growing digital businesses, the Program Manager will lead strategic and operational initiatives of the Data Business within BCG Omnia, which provides data and analytics offerings to accelerate the impact of BCG teams. S/he will be expected to guide/work within BCG Omnia on different strategic and operational initiatives like review of strategy and business priorities, business planning and business reviews, supporting leadership meetings, promoting business development including review of new investments, working on strategic operational initiatives, etc. In this role, s/he will also work closely with BCG Omnia Data business leadership, specific product teams, PAs and other BCG stakeholders. The Program Manager will be expected to provide insights and recommendations and will play a key part in change management efforts. While the job includes a small component of traditional PMO responsibilities, the majority of work is direct focus on business build and making concrete and tangible impact on BCG’s performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
Program Management for BCG Omnia Data strategic and operational initiatives
• Lead specific projects including scoping work, planning, conducting analysis and making recommendations, analytics support and/or developing presentations
• Plan and prioritize BCG Omnia Data initiatives including developing work plans and team charters, clarifying priorities and creating an overall program plan
• Identify and resolve issues and provide guidance and support to working teams
• Monitor progress of teams and projects, review output and provide a summarized view of progress and milestones and issues
• Facilitate information flow via project structure
• Help coordinate across diverse global teams; including making connections and supporting collaboration and establishing regular communication channels among team/efforts
• Ensure strong links across BU, Practice Areas and customers
• May be involved in other key initiatives and efforts of the BU as needed
BCG Omnia Data strategic planning and performance review
• Support strategic planning process, in major end of the year review and budget inputs partnering with Lines of Business and Finance, and provide content input to challenge plans or make recommendations to plans
• Support ongoing reviews by collecting performance data from LoBs, analysing key trends and being part of discussions with key stakeholders
Support BCG Omnia Data business development and including efforts on new investments
• Support business development by developing and/or reviewing business cases (business potential, competitive environment, commercial impact) of new investment opportunities in data assets for the BCG Omnia
• Be part of partner and/o acquisition identification, assessments, and on-boarding as warranted
• Support communication to and/or interactions with other BCG entities in the context of developing BCG Omnia Data business
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Key competencies include those typical for a successful consultant with emphasis on:
• BCG consulting experience in PMO, transformation or related work
• Organized and able to track and manage multiple, competing priorities
• Integrates broad knowledge base beyond own function (BCG strategy, objectives, structures, processes and other functions)
• Applies strong business skills and strong business judgement
• Strong PowerPoint and presentations skills
• Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making
• Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels through establishing positive, mutually respectful and productive working relationships
• Strong facilitation, network building and influencing abilities
Must be able to perform successfully in a fast paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG's values and culture. Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
• Master's Degree or equivalent in business, or related field
• 8 -10 years’ work experience in related field, ideally as a management senior consultant or project leader at BCG or equivalent firm
• Ability to work effectively in a global environment with people at all organizational levels
• Knowledge of BCG Practice Areas and/or software/data products helpful
• Travel required, including some global travel
YOU'LL WORK WITH
BCG Omnia’s business leaders, product teams, BCG senior stakeholders and their teams, Practice Areas, and other BCG Omnia and BCG functional managers (e.g. Finance, HR, Marketing).
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world. BCG Omnia works with Boston Consulting Group’s practice areas—specific industries and capabilities—in order to transform the firm’s unique intellectual property into professional, scalable products to support our client service efforts. BCG Omnia employs leading-edge technologies and specialized experts in product design and development, visualization, benchmarking, and custom analysis to provide world-class solutions.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.