Program Manager, Operational Excellence
Zipcar, the world’s largest car-sharing company, is looking to add new talent to our team.
Today, Zipcar provides hundreds of thousands of people with a viable alternative to traditional car ownership, saving them money, time and headaches. Around the world—from coast to coast, across Canada, the UK, and college campuses in between—people are making the decision to live car free and enjoying the convenience and environmental benefits of having “wheels when you want them”.
As we continue to grow our operations, we are looking for talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the family. We aim to create an environment that is supportive, diverse, and as fun as our brand. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled member experience for our community of Zipsters, we encourage you to apply.
The Program Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of key programs and ensuring timely delivery of strategic initiatives across Zipcar Operations. The Program Manager will help define operational standards and drive informed process improvements based on analytics and voice of the member feedback for both departmental and corporate projects (requirements, procedures, best practices). The Program Manager is responsible for reporting and providing insight to the key metrics that drive Operations performance and guiding continuous improvement of the workflows and tool sets. This position requires excellent business knowledge, strong people management skills, the ability to analyse complex issues, comfort with technology and a drive to deliver results with change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage enterprise wide projects and cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Control the implementation and roll out of tools and solutions to be used by Operations teams
- Lead the prioritization and governance of strategic initiatives working with Product, Marketing & IT/Engineering
- Act as subject matter expert and own operations specific tool and processes
- Establish, administer and improve project management practices and processes for the Operations organization
- Identify and communicate critical path, track progress, problem solve and lead key projects
- Build weekly project update reports based on data reporting
- Develop risk mitigation and contingency planning recommendations
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and clarify management objectives
- Ensure impacted business areas are ready to implement change and able to sustainably deliver
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships throughout the organization
- Contribute to the establishment of best practice project management and business change
- Monitor and analyse current trends in the marketplace
- Facilitate training, coaching and mentoring to all stakeholders involved
- Lead the development and implementation of best practice operating solutions for the services operation
- Influence strategic policy change and support adherence to corporate policy, compliance and security
- This position may manage develop and manage up a team in the area training and tool administration, reporting and analytics pending business needs.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Undergraduate (Bachelors) degree preferred 5 years of experience aligned with the responsibilities for this position
- Project management, business consulting or experience working in relevant, complex business environments
- Experience of leading and managing multiple projects to achieve significant, sustainable improvements and positive outcomes through internal and external partnerships
- Superior conceptual and analytical skills, with ability to succinctly interpret data and strategic frameworks for executives
- Technical aptitude, proven grasp of full internal toolset, and the ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques and experience in applying them
- Ability to analyse and understand complex information and communicate it clearly
- Clear, logical thinking to understand the root causes of issues
- Ability to design creative solutions and assess the viability and benefit of those solutions
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Desire to create change to drive improvement in company performance
- Ability to effectively prioritize, work in a fast paced environment, and deal effectively with change and ambiguity
- Ability to involve stakeholders from different functional areas, geographies and perspectives to get input, resolve problems and continuously improve processes
- Experience with Net Promoter System
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent change orientation and change management skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and decision-making sessions, present information, and respond to questions from groups of staff, managers, and various stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross functional and cross geographic stakeholders
- Ability to manage a significant level of detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Proven track record of meeting project deadlines/deliverables with successful outcomes. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced business environment
- Services, Fleet and or PMO management domain knowledge a plus
- Some travel is required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Work is performed in an office environment.
Some travel may be expected (<25%)
As a member of the Zipcar Team you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Free Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
Zipcar is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.