Office Tour Photos
Were seeking people who share our passion for transforming how education is delivered.
At edX, a Cambridge-based non-profit, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to fulfilling careers and lifelong success. Today, edX provides more than 18 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley. EdX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income, worldwide. Starting in 2017, we furthered this mission by offering accredited online Masters degrees providing a more convenient, lower-cost, stackable means of earning credentials towards a full degree.
The Program Manager of Degree Programs at edX is a specialized consultant and tactician responsible for the launch and successful execution of university degree programs offered on edX.org. Program Managers advise institutional leadership, program faculty and directors, and course teams in best practices to create impactful online programs on the edX platform and drive results for our university partners and learners. Program Managers collaborate across edX teams and functions to execute against program strategy, monitor performance, and ensure an exceptional learner experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing online courses and degree programs for a university, a third-party online program manager (OPM), or a MOOC platform. The candidate should be highly motivated, intellectually curious, and demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems, create processes, and navigate a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Program Managers bring a unique balance of business acumen, customer centricity, project management skills, technical savvy, and deep learner understanding to help our partners be successful.
- Successfully launch and provide overall management of a portfolio of key online degree programs on edX.org
- Manage the degree relationship and serve as primary point of contact with our partner universities for your portfolio of degree programs.
- Develop a shared student services model, student retention strategy, and program roll-out, and collaborate effectively with a Partner Manager who owns overall university relationship.
- Manage through influence to motivate partners to deliver maximum strategic value to edX and its partners and learners, as measured by high-impact programs and their related enrollment, revenue, and student retention targets
- Align the efforts of partners and various internal teams engaged in degree and course strategy, recruitment efforts, production and delivery to deliver an exceptional student experience, from onboarding to graduation and beyond
- Create and improve business processes and help partner teams adopt best practices and learnings for operational workflows, integrations and tools, while encouraging innovation and fast problem solving
- Present to senior executives at university partners and within edX, bringing strategic point of view and inspiring confidence
- Act as the voice of the partner and learner in assigned programs, advocating for product enhancements and policies which reduce friction in the degree experience, while balancing them against edXs interests and objectives
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5 years of related professional experience
- Superb project management skills, including multiple / complex stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Proven success reaching and exceeding measurable targets
- Thrives in a fast-paced, intense work environment and is accepting of change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and excellent follow through
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate and work with others, to create trusted client relationships, and comfort moving between senior stakeholders and more tactical operations
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, simultaneously
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills; can effectively communicate and be comfortable both in the academic world and in a dynamic fast-growing company
- Ability to think critically and analytically, and identify and troubleshoot potential issues before they arise
- Positive team player with a roll up your sleeves, customer-first attitude
- Demonstrated working knowledge of higher education systems, deploying SaaS technologies, or online program management
- Bachelors degree; MBA is a plus
This is an individual contributor role where a high degree of both self-direction and team collaboration expected. Some travel required. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
More Jobs From