Sales & Strategy Development Program at EF College Study
Boston, MA EFs North American Headquarters
Start Date: Summer 2021 (position based in Boston - flexible remote onboarding is possible)
Lets start with the disclaimers: Were an education company, but you dont need a degree to work here. Were a travel company, but you dont need stamps in your passport to work here. In fact, you dont even need a passport!
Sound counterintuitive? We believe in experiential education and are looking for lifelong learners. If youre curious to learn about others and can get behind our mission of making study abroad accessible to as many learners as possible within the United States, then you could be the for our Sales & Strategy Development Program!
As a Program Consultant, you will be responsible for creating new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with faculty and administrators from colleges and universities across the country. You will guide the faculty through the full-cycle of the sales process: from the initial call all the way up to their groups study abroad program departure, all while providing a great customer experience.
Program Consultants will be responsible for:
- Converting leads by contacting faculty and universities through a high volume of outbound calls and email tactics
- Promoting and selling our study abroad programs, while building and relationships with faculty and administrators at universities
- Creating and executing sales strategy to establish and grow EF partnerships with study abroad partners across the country
- Engaging with multiple stakeholders to grow study abroad participation yearly through a sustainable portfolio of programs
Your Skills Include: Any or all of these things!
If this role sounds like a good fit, but you feel that you dont tick every box, we would still like to hear from you as we understand great teams of people have different backgrounds and experiences. We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.
- Highly motivated with a desire to sell (and grow your sales career for the next 4-7+ years!)
- Able to influence others to buy or do anything
- Driven to exceed measurable performance goals by actively finding and building new opportunities
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIP-BUILDING
- Quick to connect with a persuasive and motivating communication style
- Collaborative and work optimistically with others
PRESENCE & SOLUTIONS-ORIENTATION
- Open to feedback, listens to others, and shows dedication to implement feedback for growth
- Solutions-oriented able to solve any problem for your customers and your team
TIME MANAGEMENT & GRIT
- Skilled at juggling multiple priorities at once and managing your time
- A go-getter and believes that nothing is impossible, willing to put in effort and hard work to accomplish your goals
- Decisive and confident - fearless when faced with uncertainty
BELIEF & LEARNER-MINDSET
- Open to ambiguity and not afraid to make mistakes
- Generous in extending trust and willingness to try new ideas, policies, and processes
- Coachable and seeking ongoing professional growth
- A life-long learner
EF College Study partners with college and university faculty around the country to help them organize study abroad programs for their students. We solely focus on 1 3 week international programs to Europe, Latin America, Asia, and almost everywhere in between.
The Benefits & Perks:
Knowing that the work you do each day changes students lives is inspiring, working with a group of remarkable teammates is motivating, and on top of that youll have the opportunity to:
- Guaranteed base salary (please note, this is NOT a commission-based role) + bonus potential and 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
Live your Truth:
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Build your network by joining Explore Americas Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee
- Join one (or several) of our employee led clubs or affinity (we call themEF-inity) groups such as, LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, and Latinos @ EF. Dont see a resource group, affinity group or club that matches your passion? Feel free to create one!
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- Enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly and monthly trainings and workshops
- Keep up that student mentality with free in-house language classes and an annual stipend for continued education
Live for FUN!
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local gyms, businesses, concert tickets, and sporting events
- Explore the world with discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars, as well as paid travel.
- Enjoy our in-house cafe, bar, hair salon, and fitness center
A tiny bit about EF Education First:
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, ethnicity, religion, caste, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, parental status, Veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with everything we believe in and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate the laws and regulations in the locations in which we operate.