It's an exciting time to be a Digital Product professional at Liberty Mutual Insurance. Why? Because we offer what all talented digital professionals are looking for: the chance to do inspiring work that makes a difference!
About the Role:
As a Product Owner I/II within our Digital Discovery Portfolio, you will work with one of the .Com teams where we aim to give customers great experiences on our marketing websites. You will be responsible for creating a short- and long-term vision for content on LibertyMutual.com and Safeco.com and delivering on this vision by presenting personalized, relevant content to site visitors. This is a high-profile position that will have an impact on the millions of customers visiting our sites.
In this role, youll define and prioritize the product backlog, set quality standards for delivery, and act as the voice of the customer to the agile team. Youll operate at the intersection of business, customer-driven design and technology to deliver products that help to improve customer satisfaction while simultaneously achieving business and technology objectives. Youll also get to articulate and translate the overall strategy and tactics for your domain to drive outcomes and key KPIs tied directly to business objectives. On a given day you might be discussing KPIs with business leaders, managing technical tradeoffs with your squad, and reviewing the latest customer feedback on a prototype with designers. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable formulating strategy and achieving operational excellence.
Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Ensure delivery of scope, partner with your scrum team to ensure user stories are clear, remove barriers for team members and resolve open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Act as the `voice of the customer for your product area.
- Managing features or products with a low to medium degree of KPI, scope, and complexity.
- Support defining minimum viable product (MVP) and analyzing feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, and other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Develop test plans, user story acceptance criteria, and participate in team demos and retrospectives.
- Engage the team and gain alignment regarding product strategy and business outcome with focus on continuous improvement.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management as typically acquired through a bachelors degree in a relevant field (business, computer science, etc.) and a minimum of 5 years of experience in business, engineering, technology, and/or consulting. Masters degree preferred.
- Ability to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on the business vision and plan, and the impact of change.
- Ability to make quick and challenging decisions daily.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- A highly experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty or ambiguity.
- A strong focus on the customer experience
- Ability to use data to prioritize and make tradeoff decisions
More Jobs From