Senior Product Manager
Labs @ EF Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
Who are we and what do we do?
Labs @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey with us, from showcasing our many tour offerings and personalized itineraries on the web, through to collecting feedback after the tour. Our Product Owners are crucial to making this happen, working in cross-functional teams to provide solutions to exciting business challenges.
Here are some of the challenges that drive our Senior Product Managers:
- How do we ensure that hundreds of thousands of customers get the cultural and educational experience they are eagerly anticipating in destinations all over the world - balancing quality, experience, and cost for accommodations, transportation, meals, and activities?
- How do we consolidate groups of travelers to maximize culture exchange and keep prices accessible to as many students as possible, while providing each customer a seamless and delightful tour experience?
- How do we fly hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe for incredible tour experiences at the lowest possible cost, while maintaining flight itineraries at a level of quality that we would personally travel on?
- How do we manage operations in partnership with a deep pool of suppliers to ensure that our tours remain cohesive, efficient, and affordable?
We run cross-functional Agile teams here in Labs. That means that as a Senior Product Manager, you will be working directly with executives, customers and industry stakeholders, and then translating their needs to developers, designers and analysts as they go about inventing solutions. As the person ultimately responsible for the success of a given project, you will be hands-on with the Agile team day-to-day.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience in a product management role, with a track record of launching successful projects
- You are an excellent communicator who can collaborate effectively with both senior-level stakeholders and cross-functional team members
- You possess strong leadership and organizational skills in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can switch easily between thinking creatively and analytically
Move to the front of the line if you have:
- Deep knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience working in the travel and/or airline industry
What you will be doing:
- Understand and define our business strategy as it relates to our customers needs, and deliver software products that reflect a uniquely EF perspective on how to achieve that strategy
- Define and articulate the product vision through tools such as roadmaps, milestones and evidence-based backlogs of high-value problems
- Provide focus and direction to the development team in line with the product vision, and build alignment by being the main point of contact between all stakeholdersand the development team
- Maximize the value of the work delivered by the development team by encouraging practices like incremental delivery and constant feedback, and by making decisions as a proxy for stakeholders
- Own the success or failure of your team's work
Benefits and perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Free in-house workout classes
- A restaurant and bar right inside our building
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF Educational Toursis a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EFs mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EFis an equal opportunity employer.