Office Tour Photos
The Product Manager Director is a leader within the company and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of assigned product lines with an emphasis on new product development, product line strategic growth/profitability, and life cycle management. Primary responsibilities include guiding development of superior, differentiated programs; advocating customer and market needs in the product development process; guiding market research activities; and delivering on product line financial goals.
Product Planning & Development:
- Lead the overall planning and product development strategy for assigned programs to meet market needs, and revenue and profit goals.
- Coordinate with product development teams to lead and manage the development of new proposals and business cases to support proposed investments.
- Collaborate with Product and Field Marketing teams to ensure effective program launch and sales support materials are developed.
- Collaborate with Market Research teams to develop deep customer insights and market awareness.
- Collaborate with Sales team to ensure regional perspectives are factored into the product development process.
- Collaborate with Learning Scientist team to ensure research based practices are infused throughout the program in the goal of significant growth in student outcomes.
Product Life Cycle Management:
- Drive financial performance of assigned product group, including investment, revenue, and profitability
- Analyze and evaluate market trends and product positioning
- Determine timeline of product launch and product sunset
- Review and provide input on recommended investment and pricing strategy for product maintenance
- Contribute to go to market strategy for all new solutions across assigned programs.
- Guide Sales and Product Marketing in the transfer of the strategy to tactical and operational execution.
- Serve as product and market expert for assigned programs across the HMH organization
- Provide sales and services support and training
- Assist with key customers
- Maintain strong, ongoing channels of communication with sales force, Finance, Marketing, Learning Architecture teams, and other internal department
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute processes and plans
Education Level and or relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 3 years of experience in K12 educational publishing or education technology
MBA or Masters preferred--preferably in the content area or in business management or marketing
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work and lead cross functional teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; superior presentation skills
- Superior inter-personal skills with all levels including executive management
- Conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking; decision-making; problem-solving; tactical execution; product & market knowledge; functional & computer proficiency.
Ability to travel domestically, about 15% of the time.
• Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
• The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From