New to market, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-river experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual fitness programs, including On the Mat offerings like yoga and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects users with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
We are looking for a Product Engagement Manager to join our Product team. This role will lead and coordinate the development of engagement programs for Hydrow members. This highly cross-functional role will be at the center of communication from Hydrow to the existing Hydrow community. This role will collaborate with teams from across our small company, including product, marketing, support and experience teams. The right candidate will thrive in an open, lean, fast-paced culture that emphasizes collaboration.
- With our Product, Operations and Experience teams, work to create messaging to engage Hydrow members, no matter how experienced or novice they are at rowing.
- Develop and coordinate communication plans with our Marketing team, including, guidelines and strategies to encourage, engage and motivate Hydrow members based on their lifecycle phase.
- Research and execute improvements to the long term member experience, primarily in the form of experiments designed to increase engagement and activity.
- Continuously measure, learn and improve content and programs. Analyze and report on key drivers of retention and engagement to inform strategies and programs.
- Execute multiple strategies to educate and support Hydrow members through the mobile app, email, text message, and social media.
- Ensure consistent messaging about product features, workout structures, and time-limited challenges.
- Understand product features, their benefit to users of the product, and be able to compose release communications about software updates.
- Own, from a product perspective, the metrics that we use to track success of product features and workout programs.
- Research competitive and adjacent products.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience or equivalent working with Product or Lifecycle marketing in a D2C product
- Prior experience creating external-facing communication to a consumer audience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of analytics tools and ability to apply segmentation strategies to communications
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with multi-channel engagement, specifically mobile push notifications, email, and social media
- Experience with quantified testing of messages and channels
- Experience with online community building
- Experience in the research and/or application of behavioral economics
REPORTS TO: Chief Product Officer
Started in November 2017, Hydrow is growing by leaps and bounds. In fact, the company has received multiple rounds of major investments, bringing the Series A total to an impressive $52M - most recently led by L Catterton, the largest, most global consumer-focused private equity firm. Other investments include prominent names in sports and technology, including Rx3 Ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. This funding will further fuel Hydrow's already impressive trajectory, focusing on content expansion and marketing outreach. The Hydrow experience will soon be promoted to hundreds of thousands of new customers.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.
More Jobs From