As a (contract) Product Marketing Manager at Sophos, you will be responsible for marketing all aspects of our Email Security business. From building the story that we tell, to building the assets for demand-gen campaigns, and the plan and deliverables for a worldwide PR plan. You will provide leadership and spokesperson reasonability both internally and externally. You will develop world-class materials, online content, messaging, and positioning for the products. You will be the driver for all outbound marketing activities for your products, and you will work with regional field marketing teams across the world to develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand and revenue. Attention to detail, a sharp pen, and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into tangible benefits is crucial.
- Develop positioning and messaging that differentiates Sophos Email Security offerings in the market
- Sales enablement: Communicate the value proposition of the services to the sales team and develop the sales tools needed to support the selling process. Deliver training, presentations, and demos as necessary to help sales, partners and prospective customers understand our value.
- Service/Product launches: Plan the launches of new products and services for Sophos Email Security and lead the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Market intelligence: Have a complete understanding how your customers buy and their buying criteria. Become the expert on your competition, and how to win against them.
- Demand generation: Work with campaign and field marketing teams to develop the strategy and marketing programs that drive demand for your services.
- Press and Analyst support: Work with Corporate Communications team to brief analysts and press as required.
Skills & Experience
- Product Marketing, Campaign Development, and PR experience in a high-tech environment
- Experience of working in collaboration with a diverse range of business functions and customers to drive change and achieve delivery
- World class communication and presentation skills, and experience of interacting with different areas of the business
- Analytical, strategic, and data driven
- Strong business acumen and the ability to forge and maintain relationships. Combining business, technology and budget challenges to produce results
- Solid writing skills and a passion for creating the right content for the right audience
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- A natural evangelist
- Bachelor’s degree
- An innovative and passionate approach
- Hands-on and action-oriented
- You have demonstrated success planning and executing global product launches, preferably with Email Security product offerings delivered through the cloud
- Good knowledge of the Endpoint, Firewall, and Cloud Security market and products with an appreciation of the operational practices, business functionalities and competitive landscape
- Good knowledge of online marketing strategies (SEO, PPC, social media, etc.)
- MBA degree is a plus, but not required
- Additional languages
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.