Product Marketing Manager
At edX, our mission is to offer world-class education to everyone, everywhere around the world, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to career and lifelong success. We are a non-profit organization with more than 20 million learners on our platform, choosing courses from our 2,600+ course catalog, from one of our 140+ university and institution partners - including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and Microsoft. We offer courses, Professional Certificate programs, MicroMasters programs, and fully accredited online Masters Degrees to fit the various goals of our diverse and global learner base.
edX is looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious Product Marketing Manager to help create and launch a new product line for the organization. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, they will create the Go to Market (GTM) plan, craft the personas and target audience, and manage the creation of all marketing materials needed to build the brand and drive adoption of the product.
This is an exciting time to join edX, with an opportunity to grow something brand new and impact the path and shape of higher education.
- Shape and define the new product line/brand alongside a cross-functional team (Product, Education Services, Engineering, UX)
- Create the GTM plan for the launch, including components such as the target market and positioning, key value propositions, the sales/marketing strategy for launch and thereafter, audience personas, etc
- Build a marketing tool kit for your brand to ensure consistent messaging, brand guidelines, and key value propositions both internally and through our marketing channels
- Create marketing plans for the new product line/brand to achieve quarterly goals
- Track the results of all marketing performance and look for continual opportunities to improve outcomes and accelerate growth
- Craft presentations, online content, and collateral about the new product line/brand for various uses and audiences including speaking engagements, in sales presentations, and in webinars
- Know your learners and customers; craft surveys to gain insights or work cross functionally to build feedback mechanisms
- 5+ years experience working in a product marketing or brand management role driving marketing strategy
- Experience creating and executing a GTM plan for a new product line
- Background managing digital goods or brands, looking for growth and optimization opportunities, and creating marketing plans to meet goals
- Analytically savvy with an ability to translate metrics into actions to continually improve product marketing effectiveness
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to translate complex subjects into understandable and motivating copy
- Team player who is effective in working in cross-functional roles
- Flexible approach; works well with ambiguity
Nice to Haves:
- MBA degree or equivalent
- Experience in Higher Ed or B2B environment