Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Product Market Strategy team within our Platform Services division. Your job will be to drive strategy and business outcomes to support our data interoperability initiatives. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are someone who loves to talk about the evolution of health information exchange and data standards. You will be accountable for strategic development and execution of our platform interoperability initiatives. You have experience managing cross-functional programs. You embrace ambiguity, applying your business insights and analytical skills to effectively drive success even when the path forward is not clear. You are comfortable managing multiple major business priorities. You must be adept at influencing people within and outside of the organization.
The Team: Our Product Market Strategy team is responsible for crafting product strategy and taking new products to market so that athenahealth leads the industry towards a more interoperable ecosystem.
- Develop product strategy in the form of use cases, technology use, integrations, and resources required to act on our interoperability objectives
- Develop business cases alongside our financial planning and analysis team to evaluate our strategy against our bottom line
- Manage cross-functional program with product teams across the company to prioritize and ensure implementation of interoperability requirements, such as FHIR standards and associated regulatory mandates
- Partner with product leaders and high-level executives to influence their product strategy and shape the vision of athenahealth products, based on a deep understanding of market trends mapped to athenahealths products strengths and opportunities and those of our competitors
- Ensure that athenahealth represents a POV that is consistent and aligned to our business objectives in industry trade groups and standards development organizations
- Execute on the go-to-market strategy for new product launches, including coordination of client engagement, feedback, and contracting
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred; Degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- 5+ years professional experience, inclusive of 2+ years of product management or strategy role
- Experience working with complex regulatory requirements
- Experience with gathering technical requirements in a SaaS-based product environment; must have basic working knowledge of FHIR standards
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional programs
- Ability to lead market research and data-driven analysis, gathering perspectives from a variety of sources and combining with business strategy to define a path forward
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to influence senior executives and lead presentations to external audiences, especially enterprise clients
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From