Product Manager, Physical Retail
Product Manager, Physical Retail
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Were tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
Wayfair has rapidly grown to become the best e-commerce solution to help consumers create a home they love by heavily investing in creating delightful online and fulfilment customer experiences. We are now planning to expand into physical stores, presenting the right product manager a rare and unprecedented opportunity to redefine omni-channel retail by launching a new business within a successful technology company. This will be a chance to transform how people shop for their homes by building new technology-enabled and service-focused experiences that help customers experience the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, seek out help from product and design experts, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to help us build the technology solutions for these stores from the ground up. You will have access to a variety of assets across Wayfair, including mobile apps, Virtual / Augmented / Mixed Reality tools, payments, and more. Your role will be to ensure that the stores provide our valued Wayfair customers with the most delightful and immersive experience possible in a physical space and unlock a new wave of users excited to purchase home goods online.
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing public company, partner with executives across the company on a high-profile initiative, and grow our existing cross-functional teams of experienced product managers, software engineers, data scientists, product designers and analysts.
What You'll Do
- Product Managers at Wayfair are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business. Collaborate with senior stakeholders and dozens of teams across Wayfair, demonstrating superior communication skills to drive decision making and problem solving.
- Build, maintain and execute roadmaps for your product, delivering awesome experiences that drive value for our customers and our business. This will include a combination of building and owning some features directly (e.g., Point of Sale, etc.), and enabling a large number of other teams to deliver solutions for the physical stores. Drive the execution of the strategy directly and by energizing the broader organization in a common vision.
- Help define, pilot, and rapidly iterate the in-store experience. Drive expansion and future experiences based on pilot success and learnings.
- Deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains in our core Customer Benefit and CLV-related metrics (e.g., visit frequency, conversion rates, average order values, return rates, NPS).
What You'll Need
- You must have a strong bias-for-action, be a consummate communicator, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a member of a team consisting of Engineers, UX Designers, QA and Analysts and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
- 4+ years work experience in customer-focused, analytically-rigorous, high-performance settings, with preference for candidates with experience with mix of start-up and large-company experience. Preference for candidates with substantive software/hardware, point of sale, payments, or mobile app experience, though not required.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex. organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity. and rapidly changing environments.
- Bachelors degree in either a technology, design, or business discipline preferred.