Product Manager, Location Discovery, Hotels
TripAdvisor is looking for a highly motivated Product Manager to join our Hotels Product, Location Discovery team. We're an analytically minded product team that focuses on increasing revenue through small and big changes. Are you ready to bring your A-Game every day? If so, let's connect.
In this role, you'll play an instrumental part in defining and implementing a test roadmap for helping travelers find and book a great hotel at the right price. Our industry leading traffic volume combined with a world-class testing toolset provides an optimization sandbox that is second to none. Every week you will have the opportunity to identify user pain points, brainstorm with data scientists and data engineers on how to address these problems, and test new algorithms and features against our current control treatment. The excitement of rooting for your tests to win every week is truly addicting!
Youll work with a wide range of constituents to build the best possible product and user experience for our members and visitors. Youll combine your product skills and analytics know-how to enhance the traveler experience while systematically adding to our top line. Youll be surrounded by talented, passionate, and fun folks who are all eagerly working together on the shared goal of helping our users search for and reserve the right hotel.
You're a great match for this role if you have a passion for travel, a penchant for measuring and understanding how users shop for hotels on TripAdvisor, and enthusiasm for leveraging data to inform and inspire new product ideas. You should feel right at home communicating your product vision through a variety of mediums and working closely with developers, data scientists, and business stakeholders to bring brilliant ideas to life.
If you're an innovator who understands how to define products and get stuff done, we want you on our team.
What youll do:
- Lead new product development initiatives, including competitive research, business case development, scoping, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Lead cross-functional teams, serving as product and part project manager, to define product specifications, establish milestones, and direct the development, implementation, and evolution of new algorithms and features.
- Develop written requirements and define success metrics and associated use-cases for new projects, shepherding a project from ideation to test results analysis and iteration
- Continuously propose new A/B tests to delight travelers and improve conversion
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems.
- Ensure quality assurance testing is performed prior to go-live launch of new features
- Assist in prioritizing enhancements and bug fixes.
- Monitor key conversion metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product and business plan.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 4+ years of internet product management experience, preferably in a data-driven and consumer-focused role
- A/B testing experience preferred
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Drive to get things done -- you love to Ship and exhibit tenacity in solving complex problems, finding resources and making them available when needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively lead multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities.
- Flexible and open to change and new information; is first to understand when team behaviors and work methods need to adapt to new information.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills essential; sense of humor preferred.
- Passionate about travel.