Product Manager-Lawn Care
Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
As a Product Manager in iRobot’s Lawn Care team, you will help chart new ground as iRobot enters this category for the first time. You will be a leader within the team – always looking for opportunities to improve the way we work and to inspire your peers. Working closely with cross-functional teams of Commercial, Design, Engineering, and Manufacturing colleagues, you will lead the way in developing deep consumer and market insights, translating those insights to product or business concepts, iteratively developing those concepts to launch-readiness, and then launching them into the market.
An iRobot Product Manager is passionate about creating and launching robots that delight consumers and are commercially successful. If that sounds like you, we welcome your application.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Inspire cross-functional teams to make the best possible product for our consumers
- Conduct consumer, market, and competitor research, and synthesize findings into key insights that inform future product requirements and category roadmap
- Create & maintain Requirements Documents for robots and related business opportunities, and then work side-by-side with cross-functional peers to convert requirements into product
- Identify & understand cross-functional trade-offs; guiding them to conclusion collaboratively with highly technical product development teams
- Collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners including Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Service, Product Marketing, and Channel Marketing to ensure alignment through all aspects of the launch and lifecycle process.
- Plan, track, and manage product readiness schedule to ensure timely launches
- Quarterly domestic and international travel required
- Demonstrated passion for Product Management, Robotics, and Consumer Products
- Record of leadership and high achievement in challenging environments
- Passion for understanding consumers’ needs, behaviors, and underlying motivations
- Technical savvy – you don’t need to be an Engineer but you do need engage effectively with technical counterparts on complex technical trade-offs and risks
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced, cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated excellence in qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Highly organized with superior verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of academic excellence
- 3 years of experience in technology and/or consumer products industry
- 2+ years Product Management experience with a leading consumer product/service
- Master’s degree in Business Administration from a leading MBA program
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.