Product Manager, Inventory
About the Company
Salsify is a hyper-growth Startup in Boston with the mission to empower brand manufacturers (like Coke or LOreal) to deliver great digital product experiences. We power thousands of brands to master the digital shelf with Product Information Management (PIM), Syndication, and Insights. Salsify is one of Bostons fastest growing companies by revenue and company size, having raised $98.1 million and won numerous workplace awards.
About the Product
The emerging products team at Salsify (dubbed the Salsify Frontier team by one of our customers), is exploring and incubating new product offerings that establish Salsify as a Commerce for Brands platform.
To keep up with consumer expectations and continue to make money, brands need to ensure products both virtually and physically show up in more places, faster. After initial discovery and rapid prototyping, we have identified a new product line that helps brand solve these challenges - and we are very excited about the opportunity!
About the Role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product manager to quarterback the strategy, growth, and health for a new product line focused on inventory management. As the first PM for a brand new team, you will
- Assess product market fit by prioritizing proofs-of-concept and ensuring customer adoption
- Drive initial and subsequent product launches including pricing and packaging, GTM enablement, etc
- Be comfortable halting or adjusting experiments
- Set the vision for the next level of value (particularly with large brands)
- Define key OKRs and project metrics
- Take the product from an early product-market fit version to a revenue driver
The Inventory Product Manager is responsible for driving the overall success of the Inventory program, from understanding customer needs to inform the roadmap to actively supporting the go-to-market team to partnering with CS to drive adoption. This broad and highly visible role touches all aspects of the organization and targets the overall business success of Insights.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of vigorous entrepreneurial drive and an openness to building the strong partnerships required to successfully quarterback the program. The ideal candidate will also engage on strategy -- building and drawing on deep eCommerce market knowledge and technical understanding -- and go-to-market tactics.
- Build deep relationships with key partners at Salsify; this is the foundation of all subsequent responsibilities.
- Be the most knowledgeable person in the company about customer jobs around inventory management and market trends.
- Identify and address adoption issues in partnership with Customer Success.
- Relentlessly support the go-to-market team by identifying and addressing sales productivity opportunities.
- Partner with engineering and the rest of the product team to continually align Inventory R&D to Salsify growth goals.
- Communicate through clear, concise written communication that engages stakeholders and partners in key decisions.
- __________; identify missing needs and opportunities for program success.
No candidate will meet all requirements, but the ideal candidate will meet many of the below and excel in some:
- 3-5 years product management experience, or directly relevant experience.
- Incredible tenacity, passion and an innate sense of curiosity.
- Comfort experimenting and throwing away experiments that fail
- Deep product experience or industry experience.
- Ability to build influence within an organization that is brimming with strong opinions and deep expertise.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to bring new products and capabilities to market.
- Resilient in the face of conflict, changing business needs and structure, and failure; able to focus on the appropriate time horizon given the situation.
- Highly organized and able to continually boil hundreds of customer/prospect conversations and thousands of internal conversations into clear direction.
- Ability to develop strategy and engage stakeholders to participate in strategic decisions through exceptional oral and written communication.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills: must be sharp, energetic, assertive and results-oriented; able to prioritize and focus in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Understanding of software development process and architectural tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated ability to get and deeply understand user feedback and then broadcast that learning to the organization.
- Relentless about understanding and responding to the needs of department leaders and setting expectations accurately.