We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. As part of Trip, you will get to work on products that help our 400 million monthly visitors worldwide plan, go, and guide others while on a dynamic, fun and energetic team.
Were looking for a Product Manager with experience solving complex consumer-facing problems to own key portions of the user experience. As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for working with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, researchers, and other product managers on every step of the product life cycle from defining business requirements to post-launch analysis. To be successful, you will be passionate about your users, skilled with data, able to craft a vision, thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and have fun along the way.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for travel, the ability to create simple and usable user experiences that provide measurable results, a strong bias toward action, excellent interpersonal skills, and comfort with ambiguity.
What Youll Do:
- Work with product leaders to define new product development initiatives utilizing user and competitive research, business case development, scoping, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Work with cross-functional teams as product/project manager to define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage quality assurance activities.
- Define and track success metrics for new projects and existing products, ensuring all are moving towards our defined goals.
- Youre inquisitive about how the platform works and want to fix mediocre implementations when you see them.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems. You will be the final sign off of a product before it is seen by millions of users - so you must QA thoroughly.
- Help drive the development of your roadmap and prioritization of new features.
- This role is remote eligible
What We Seek:
- 3+ years of consumer-facing internet product management experience.
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific
- details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues. Familiarity with Tableau a bonus.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred. Experience with project tracking and collaboration software will be a plus (e.g. JIRA).
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results drive environment with multiple responsibilities.
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.