Product Manager, Hotels
KAYAK is seeking an analytical product manager to join our product team in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate has expertise creating innovative consumer technology products and thrives in an agile, collaborative and data-driven environment.
The candidate will help identify, define and deploy features and enhancements that will deliver a great end-to-end travel experience for KAYAKs millions of users. This role requires a strong understanding of consumer behavior and an ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to iterate on and prioritize features. The successful candidate will be an expert communicator and multi-tasker, have a passion for designing thoughtful UX on both web and mobile platforms and be very comfortable leveraging A/B experiments to test ideas. The candidate will combine strategic and operational skills to enhance and grow our Hotels vertical.
- Define and own roadmap for Hotel product at KAYAK
- Work with cross-functional teams, as product and project manager, define specifications, and help launch features, against realistic deadlines and goals
- Measure product performance and identification of key levers of improvement - including design and analysis of relevant reports
- Identify gaps in functionality and content offerings and prioritize for development
- Communicate goals, progress, blockers and launch plans to key constituents across the KAYAK organization, including senior management
- Monitor competitive landscape and stay abreast of the latest technology and capabilities across various platforms
- Background in consumer products, ideally in e-commerce and B2C
- Specific experience in supporting and managing product strategy, including a proven ability to champion products and drive to key decisions
- Good business judgment, BS/BA required, technical background strongly preferred, MBA or equivalent experience a strong plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills at all levels of an organization
- Highly detail-oriented and analytical skills required
- Ability to collaborate with teams across different cultures and timezones
- A passion for travel with the Trip Stats to back it up a big plus
- Knowledge of Hotels and Accommodations space a plus, but not required
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.