Product Manager - Home Services
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and -empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
As a Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers. You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace. As the CEO of your product, you’ll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if you’re doing it right, you’re having a ton of fun and learning every day.
You will be the product owner for Home Services, which includes Wayfair’s new but fast growing assembly and installation experience. You’ll lead internal teams and external partners to build the best customer experience in the industry. Home services is a core part of the customer purchase experience, and a strategic area for Wayfair. Operating in a startup atmosphere within the larger company, you must have a strong bias-for-action, comfortable with ambiguity, and be extremely curious. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a member of a team consisting of Engineers, UX Designers and Analysts and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
How you’ll drive success:
• Product Manager’s at Wayfair are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
• Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
• Using Agile methodologies, they develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfair’s additional lifestyle brands.
• Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
• Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
• Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
You’re who we’re looking for if:
• Significant/meaningful experience in ecommerce or B2C product management
• Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
• Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
• Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
• Cross functional leadership experience
• Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
• Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multi-variate testing practices a plus
• BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds