Product Manager, EU Shipping Experience
Product Manager, EU Shipping Experience
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Were tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
We are looking for a Product Manager to own the customer experience around Shipping, Inventory, and Returns across our European sites and apps including all speed-related badging & guarantees. Were looking for a Product Manager who is itching to compound our international growth through innovative, data-driven, and customer-focused initiatives. Your products will ensure our European customers shopping our sites understand when products will arrive and what their delivery experience will be like before they purchase. You will thoughtfully sell shipping & delivery upgrades and services in ways that empower our customers and drive profitability. Youll ensure that our out of stock experience is productive for customers and that our return policies are clearly messaged throughout the journey. As the owner of the on-site customer experience, you will serve important voice of the customer functions throughout the European supply chain and operational product organizations.
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible space where you have the opportunity to drive significant impact to Wayfairs revenue. You are customer and data-obsessed, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities. You have demonstrated success in inspiring and leading a cross-functional team in rapidly delivering value to your customers. Youre one to aim high, calibrate constantly, and know when to double down or fold in pursuit of something even greater.
What You'll Do
- Be the voice of the customer. Drive forward our understanding of customer behavior around shipping messaging & programs and become the expert around communication to our customers. Ensure your partners are always thinking customer-first.
- Be data-obsessed. Identify, refine, and meticulously monitor your KPIs to understand the health of your product, and opportunities for improvement.
- Be an innovator. Innovate and incubate new ideas to drive shipping initiatives across European experiences.
- Manage overall execution and performance of product initiatives. Lead and collaborate with creative, engineering, and analytics teams to plan, execute and manage your roadmap. Strong leadership and communication skills are a must; experience with agile methodologies strongly preferred.
- Be a champion for strong team dynamic. Have demonstrated experience driving collaboration, product quality and team velocity.
- Test and learn, fail fast, and take the winners to market. Rapidly iterate, acquire the needed data, interpret it, and then take action to course correct.
- Determine what resourcing you need to capitalize on business opportunities. Work to develop talent and build a strong team around you.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years experience in product management with a track record of building high-impact, consumer-facing products
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights - familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- Superior communication skills and excellent stakeholder partnership; able to navigate a complex organization to ensure transparency and generate buy-in for plans
- The ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically; youre as comfortable defining vision and goals as well as you are executing
- The ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments; you have a bias for action and the ability to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- This role will be based in Boston, but will require frequent travel (~10-15% of time) to Wayfairs European headquarters in Berlin.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics; economics or supply chain background a plus