Product Manager, Cost Health
Product Manager Cost Health
Were entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfairs transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfairs pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
The Supply Chain Intelligence - Cost Health Initiative team is responsible for ensuring intelligent and accurate estimates and management of shipping and operation costs that influence the network design, order routing, and pricing decisions. We do this through management of 3rd party carrier contracts, understanding historical costs of Wayfair Delivery Network, and have an intelligent understanding of routing and fulfillment scenarios. To accomplish this, we partner with the Operations teams to understand company strategy and upcoming initiatives whether for 3rd Party Carriers or Wayfair Delivery Network. We also partner with the Finance teams to better understand our nuanced cost structures. Pricing is influenced by our cost output, and thus we work closely with Pricing teams to ensure alignment on strategy and product roadmap.
What Youll Do:
- You will drive technology solutions to support the rapid growth and expansion of Wayfairs growing and complex supply chain network.
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on workflow optimization and process definition while communicating performance metrics.
- You will serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of the technology platform.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives.
- You utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features.
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements.
What Youll Need:
- 3+ years product management experience working with operational systems, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Bachelors degree in either a technology or business discipline.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights while understanding business strategy and metrics.
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically while managing through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages.
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Design, build and scale a platform that leverages invoice data to influence cost estimates.
- Refine (or rebuild) our contract management structure to manage an ever growing 3rd Party Contracts structure as well as empower the users to have smoothly update the rates.
- Design, build, and scale a platform that can continuously estimate the transportation and operational cost of shipping an item from the time of order until the time of an invoice.
- Empower the internal stakeholders to self manage 3rd Party Contracts through a set of new tools.
- Own stakeholder interfacing tools that allow them to understand how does our platform estimate costs.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.