Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and were profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. Were expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors theyll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
Were looking for an experienced, analytical product manager to help lead our self-service ads marketplace for authors and publishers, BookBub Ads. As a product manager focused on ads, you will work with engineers, data analysts, designers, and members of our business development team to launch projects that grow ads revenue by helping authors and publishers sell books. You will drive improvements and growth in all aspects of the BookBub Ads product, from the consumer ad experience, to ad creation and management tools used by authors and publishers, to back-end CPM and CPC auction rules, to internal marketplace management tools used by BookBub employees.
Here are some examples of what we expect this product manager to do in their first year:
- Turn high-level strategic goals into specific actionable near-term initiatives
- Hit quarterly revenue and active advertiser growth targets
- Conceive of and manage tests that drive growth in BookBubs self-service auction
- Regularly work with team members to quickly validate new ideas to maximize impact for the organization
- Become an indispensable Product team member that other teams have come to rely on and trust
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- A well-honed ability to assess customer needs and business opportunities through testing, data analysis, rapid experimentation, and customer interviews
- Excellent analytical agility; an ability to dive into the details of varied, complex problems, but also zoom out to understand the impact of those problems on the broader product and organization
- Proven ability to conceive and structure tests that result in valuable, actionable insights
- Exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to partner across teams to accomplish goals
- Superior project and general management skills; the ability to gain consensus from stakeholders, coordinate work across the organization, and deliver projects on time
- The ability to work independently and self-manage, while setting and hitting ambitious goals
- A high degree of technical comfort and curiosity
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where youll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, well typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, youre trusting us with your time so well do our best to run a process for you thats as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at email@example.com. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From