This role provides the opportunity to drive a high-velocity, growing API business, built around established products plus useful products that you will bring to market. It offers the chance to innovate with a talented team of Product Managers and Product Owners.
SmartBear seeks an experienced Product Manager who will be responsible for product business planning, product life-cycle management, and product plan execution for complex software testing products. Successful candidates tend to be strategic, entrepreneurial in spirit, hands-on, research-savvy and analytically-driven.
In this role, you will
- Work with the VP of Product to create, maintain and communicate a living vision and overall strategy for your products
- Understand and build the product roadmap, including new target market and features, design the go-to-market strategy and product value proposition
- Analyze relevant market, competitive, as well as buying trends to define attainable testing market share, growth and profitability
- Conduct research to understand and analyze customer needs and solutions, and incorporate Voice of the Customer into your products
- Manage and prioritize backlog and workflow
- Work closely with system architect and UX designer to plan, scale and sequence stories
- Engage closely with cross-functional teams including marketing and engineering to bring products to market in a timely manner
- Manage product P&L and develop business case for product themes and epics
- Serve as a representative for your products in marketing and sales efforts as well as external, analyst and press interactions
- Follow agile methodology to establish proper documentation and acceptance criteria
- Monitor achievement against forecast to identify and report on KPIs by quarter
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work", Named to Boston Globes Top Places To Work, and VentureFizz calls us one of One of The Hottest Companies in Boston.
Invest In Our Employees We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
Open and Collaborative Environment We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
Award Winning Technology SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development.
Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
Unbelievable Offices We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the Bear Cave, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. Weve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
Great Perks We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
Thought Leader and Innovator SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.