Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology brings balance and peace, while simultaneously delivering a challenging workout that burns up to 400 calories per 20 minute session.At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
As Hydrow’s first product manager, you will help prioritize, design, and implement the key features that bring LOR to market. The core of the product manager role will be to research and specify the details of features for implementation. You will work with design and development to build the features, along with the management team to prioritize new features for the roadmap. You'll have independence to make your own decisions and help to create the best product imaginable. Expect to hit the ground running, with your features going to development in the first week of you starting.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Meet customers and update our understanding of customer desires
- Work with developers to brainstorm ways to implement features
- Work with design to create elegant and useful user interfaces
- Balance high-level company goals for growth, speed, and product direction
- Analyze available usage data and draw inferences and conclusions
- Keep up with competitor offerings
- You must have some product management experience, or a close analog experience.
- You listen carefully and hear both what the customer is saying, and what they aren't saying.
- You need empathy and intuition.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You need the ability to get things done - an instinct for understanding problems, completing tasks, and moving on to the next one.
- You need excellent analytical skills to make the case about what features are working - and aren't.
- Your friends and colleagues should describe you as independent and reliable.
- You thrive in a team environment that is changing and improving every day.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Worked on a consumer product.
- Worked on mobile, tablet, or embedded application before.
- Experience in the fitness industry.
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $27M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth as it begins shipping nationwide May 2019, starting with nearly 1,000 early backers who purchased Hydrows through Indiegogo this past fall.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.