Care.com is the largest and fastest-growing technology platform for online care services, helping families, businesses, and corporate employees find high-quality care for their kids, pets, parents, and homes. We're seeking innovative, entrepreneurial, and genuinely nice people to join our collaborative team. Ifthatdescribes you, we want to hear from you! A career at Care.com offers countless ways to grow and have a real effect on a young, exciting company.
Care.com is seeking a highly motivated Product Manager to work within our B2C product team and focus on Safety. The individual will be responsible for defining customer problems born from the intersection of data and customer empathy and leading a cross-functional team to solve them.
The ideal candidate has a drive to solve, prioritize customer needs, and channel their inner sleuth! Flexibility and the ability to jump from developing a product vision, to immersing themselves with a vendor's API, collaborating, decision making, and while facilitating cross-functional alignment.
- Ownership of product requirements for the safety squad. This includes both gathering and communicating in detail how and why a feature should work.
- Working with crucial stakeholders - legal throughout the Company to ensure a successful product launches. Some crucial stakeholders include our operations and legal.
- Owning project metrics, analyzing data and setting up A/B tests.
- Leading the cross functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development.
- Coordinating deliverables and timelines with the extended team (including remote employees). This includes making appropriate trade-offs and user acceptance testing the end final deliverable.
- 5+ years of work experience with at least 2 of those years in product management.
- Experience working for a tech company, preferably a consumer-oriented or marketplace service.
- Experience with developing product requirements and user interfaces for both mobile and desktop.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams, solve complex problems, and produce high-quality results.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Past experience within Trust and Safety or Fraud is a large plus.
Since launching in 2007, Care.com (NYSE: CRCM) has been committed to solving the complex care challenges that impact families, caregivers, employers, and care service companies. Today, Care.com is the world's largest online destination for finding and managing family care, with 17.7 million families and 13.1 million caregivers* across more than 20 countries, including the U.S., UK, Canada and parts of Western Europe, and approximately 1.5 million employees of corporate clients having access to our services. Spanning child care to senior care, pet care, housekeeping and more, Care.com provides a sweeping array of services for families and caregivers to find, manage and pay for care or find employment. These include: a comprehensive suite of safety tools and resources members may use to help make more informed hiring decisions - such as third-party background check services, monitored messaging, and tips on hiring best practices; easy ways for caregivers to be paid online or via mobile app; and Care.com Benefits, including the household payroll and tax services provided by Care.com HomePay and the Care Benefit Bucks program, a peer-to-peer pooled, portable benefits platform funded by household employer contributions which provides caregivers access to professional benefits. For enterprise clients, Care.com builds customized benefits packages covering child care, back up care and senior care consulting services through its Care@Work business, and serves care businesses with marketing and recruiting support. Headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, Care.com has offices in Berlin, Austin and the San Francisco Bay area.
*As of September 2018
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.