Appcast: Product Manager
Awareness, consideration, conversion – the traditional marketing funnel. In recruitment marketing, the most common ad unit, the job posting, is meant to deliver conversions – candidate applications – but what about the top of the funnel? A quick Google search reveals the importance of employer branding, but today there are but a handful of companies offering solutions and the ones that do employ a Web 1.0 ‘destination’ approach.
We’re looking for a talented product leader to build the next generation of employer brand solutions that harness the potential this largely unmet market opportunity.
We are looking for a partner to grow this new employer brand business – a person who can learn customer needs, establish theses to test and then through conversation (and debate!), requirement definition, deft sequencing, revenue (and other KPI) modeling and analytics get employer brand solutions into market faster and with greater efficiency than anyone else.
Should you join us, we will place in your hands all the responsibility you can handle and let you run with it. We’re thinking big.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Learn how prospect companies think about employer branding, how its budgeted and what solutions are being purchased today
- Formulate the approaches that have the potential to unlock this opportunity for Appcast
- Build the business case and earn internal support for our V1 solution
- Together with product & development peers decide which parts of the tech stack (DMP, DSP, Ad server, creative manager) we will build vs. buy.
- Developing go-to-market plans that include key messaging, ideal/target customers, tactics to generate awareness and drive adoption, and training of internal partners to breathe life into your solutions.
OUR PRODUCT CULTURE
Product drives process, not the other way around. We don’t value perfect Agile. Writing elaborate user stories & detailed acceptance criteria is not the job. Shipping great products to our customers is everything.
We believe that good tactics lead to good strategy. Yes, you will need to have the ideas, but then you should have the ability to describe the discrete, actionable steps required to get from point A to point Z. We want client feedback after point A.
We’re a team and we all succeed together. The weight of your ‘voice’ is not in how loud you speak but in the leadership you showed on the last release. We’re the kind of people who call attention to our own missteps and give credit exactly where it’s due.
We all hop into the trenches. We understand and empathize with how our actions affect customers – from great new features to nasty bugs – and through grit, persistence & integrity, we make it right.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience in a technology product management role where you’ve been responsible to make decisions and quantify how your actions have made your company/employer better.
- Deep understanding of advertising concepts & technology – consumer ad tech (DMP, DSP, etc), yield optimization, inventory management, ad APIs, audience segmentation, etc.
- As a power user or builder, experience with marketing/advertising campaign management tools or enterprise analytics/reporting solutions
- Experience in the careers vertical is a plus but not required.
PAY & BENEFITS
Appcast pays well and offers an exceptional, all-inclusive benefits package. We also are focused on being a place where smart, driven people want to come to work. To better understand our company culture, read this featured blog post from Appcast CEO, Chris Forman: http://blog.appcast.io/the-true-driver-of-company-culture-and-employee-engagement
Founded in 2014 and headquartered near Dartmouth College in New Hampshire, Appcast has become one of the fastest growing technology companies in New England. Our programmatic recruitment marketing suite is transforming how leading employers, ad agencies and job boards find and attract talent.
On July 1, 2019, Appcast was acquired by StepStone. StepStone, a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE, is the leading ‘jobs’ classified business in Europe. Appcast is their 1st major investment in the US market.
More Jobs From