Alignable is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Product Management team in the position of Product Manager. We are located in Boston just outside of North Station.
Who we are:
Alignable is a fast growing social network for small business owners. We believe that local businesses are stronger together. Our goal is to help small business owners make connections that lead to long-term relationships, generate more word-of-mouth referrals, and unlock access to the collective wisdom of the local business community. We feel we are building something big given our early market traction and are looking for individuals who will be self starters and passionate about what they do.
The opportunity for us is massive - there are 30 million small business owners in the US and they create 65% of new jobs and contribute 50% of GDP. The team is made of extremely talented individuals with entrepreneurial and startup work experience.
What you will do:
- Meet with/listen to small business owners to understand their business challenges, empathize with them and build products that will make them successful. We truly believe that customer problems live outside our office and we cannot solve them by staying inside.
- Own product requirements including everything from ideation to final delivery. You own it to make it great and successful!
- Present well thought out ideas for solving customer problems to stakeholders and work directly with them to ensure that a successful product is delivered.
- Collaborate closely with engineers to come up with new product ideas, flush out product requirements, make trade-offs based on implementation costs, and oversee the product implementation and testing process.
- Make decisions based on onboarding, engagement and retention data.
- Assist VP of Product Management in creation of product roadmap.
What you love to do:
- Empathize with customers and understand their problems really well and then use technology to solve them.
- You are passionate about designing highly usable product experiences and you would rather not doing anything else. You will do what it takes to get things done even if it means working some nights and weekends. After all we are a startup, but we will never burn you out (we have unlimited vacations).
- Roll up your sleeves and work in a fast-paced startup environment where you are solving problems everyday and your creativity is valued.
- Define new features working closely with UX designers and engineering.
- Use good judgement to make decisions based on limited information available and course correct as you learn more.
- Experiment iteratively knowing that wins can often be through singles and doubles and less often via home runs.
- Analyze data to understand user behaviors and iterate experiments to success.
- Work independently and in a team environment depending on what is required to be done.
What you have:
- Empathy for your customers.
- Keen sense for detail and appreciation for simple yet compelling product designs.
- Successful 5+ years of product management track record working in startups and on successful products on web and mobile while leading a cross functional team.
- Hunger for success and learning new things all the time.
- Ability to manage chaos that is typically prevalent in all startups - you will help define process that makes us all better in delivering products.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change as we learn more about our market and customers.
- Ability to celebrate successes and take failures as learning opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
What we offer:
- Market competitive compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Payroll deduction for commuter rail and parking
- Beer and snacks
- Uninterrupted view of the TD Garden :-)