Product Manager - Apps
a team of bold designers, strategists, engineers, writers, researchers, data junkies and product visionaries based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, weve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed.
(Oh, and other folks seem to like our products a whole lot. CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors Choice for home security. Our iOS app is the top rated home security app in the App Store).
Youre here to
- Drive the future of our apps and determine what our apps team should work on.
- Manage cross-functional teams to deliver a compelling user experience via our iOS, Android & Web apps.
- Create hypotheses for improving our apps, test them, and learn from the results.
- Create MVPs, lo-fi prototypes and other simple tests to validate ideas and iterate upon them.
- Work closely with the development team, write requirements, analyze test results with their help etc.
- Run data analysis yourself including writing mySQL queries, digging through firebase analytics, or using one of our internal tools.
- Ability to Get Things Done. You move fast and you dont settle for the status quo.
- Fluency in defining product goals, metrics and making data-driven decisions.
- Previous experience in creating simple solutions and validating ideas by performing experiments and analyzing the results.
- Always on the hunt for the next big thing.
- Passionate about A/B testing every minor detail to improve usability
- 0-3 years of product management experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence colleagues and executives
- Undergrad in Computer Science, Engineering, Product Design, Business or a related field
- Previous experience running A/B tests
- Understanding of platform conventions on iOS and Android
- Previous experience with improving user experience on mobile/web apps
- Strong understanding of agile methodology, user experience, and industrial design